THREE

|03.| SLOW MOTION

ALL THAT WAS FELT the next morning was numbness. Cora awoke to dried tears on her cheeks, her eyes feeling as if they're weighed down, and the memories of what had happened yesterday. The tribrid groggily gets out of bed and checks inside the nursery to see the girls still asleep, meaning the mother has time to get herself cleaned up. She walks into the bathroom, striping to where she has nothing on and gets in the shower, letting the water hit her back.

The tribrid simply didn't want to do anything at all, but she knew if she were to be unproductive, she would go into a depressive state and that is something she doesn't want happening. Cora gets out of the shower after washing up and she changes into an outfit for the day. As she dries her hair with a towel, she feels a presence behind her knowing who it is.

"How're you feeling, love?" Klaus' thick accent asks gently, not wanting to startle her. Cora stares at her vanity mirror and slightly shrugs.

"I don't feel anything. Almost similar to having no emotions at all." Cora clears her throat and puts on her wedding ring. Klaus sadly sighs at her answer and walks closer to her, standing just behind her.

"If you need me here, love, I'm more than willing to do just that," Klaus looks at her through the mirror and Cora weakly smiles at him.

"No, I'll be fine. Im sure you have more important things to do," Cora looks down at her fingers.

The hybrid stands to her side and uses his finger to turn her head towards him. Cora slowly looks at Klaus and avoids eye contact by staring at his exposed chest.

"Your mental health is much more important to me, Cora."

The tribrid looks up at him, flattered by his statement. She only slightly smiles at him before placing a kiss on his cheek and rests her hand on his shoulder. Suddenly, her phone buzzes on her nightstand and Cora looks at the screen to see Mary calling her.

"I'm sorry." Cora points to the screen and Klaus shakes his head ending with a smile. He kisses her forehead before leaving the room so she has privacy. She swipe on the screen and lifts the phone up to her ear.

"Oh, good, you answered. I thought you were dead—well, technically you are, but—that's besides the point!" Mary rambles a bit and Cora giggles. "So, I'm technically being the messenger here, but I overheard some people of your Pack want to claim to be Alpha."

"Wait what, someone is going up against Jason?" Cora shakes her head in confusion.

"Not Jason, you. Hayley had told me about it and wanted me to tell you," Mary explains the chain and sighs. "She thought it wouldn't be an appropriate time to come talk to you."