BONUS: TWENTY-TWO

|22

|22.| WHERE IT ALL STARTED

IN THE EARLY MORNING the light hardly shines through the temporary home that Cora and her family stays in. She and Mary had spent hours upon hours searching for the ingredients to the three antidotes for the Mikaelson siblings who are in their coffins just upstairs in the attic. On top of that, they were left to raise the three Mikaelson children who Cora loves dearly and would do anything to ensure their safety.

The tribrid listens to her brother who she hasn't heard in years as he explains the dilemma that he and Stefan are currently in. Once they are finished with their discussion, Cora hangs up the phone and lets out a frustrated sigh, putting her head in her hands. Mary walks out from the study in her pajamas and takes a seat on the sofa with her coffee cup in hand.

"What's troubling you, mama bear?" Mary takes a sip of her coffee and Cora sits up.

"Well, my brother who I haven't talked to in years just called me. I thought, hey maybe my brother wanted to check up on me and possibly hang out like old times sake, but now, he just dropped a bomb on me saying that the one person who deeply hates me is back from the dead all of the sudden," Cora begins to talk fast and she stops herself, taking a deep breath. "Now he's telling me that he has a way to somehow kill her, but it's going to take sometime. And he wants me to be there to help since he wants Stefan and Caroline to marry."

"Wait your brother is engaged? Wait your enemy came up from the dead? I have several questions," Mary tries to process everything she had said and Cora groans.

"I can't just leave when we're close to finding the last of the things we need," Cora throws her hands up in frustration and slumps down in the chair.

"Cora, it's obvious that your brothers need you." Cora goes to disagree, but Mary continues. "I know, you don't want to leave me hanging and importantly you don't want to leave the kids."

"I've been everywhere, Mary. I can't just leave them when I have the time to spend with them," Cora sighs and Mary takes her hand.

"You have all the time, Cora. Don't worry about them, okay? I can take care of them easily. They love me and they will understand why you had to go," Mary gives her a significant look. Cora stares at her for a moment before giving in.

"Fine. Guess I'm going back to where it all started."

-

"Alright, Professor, how do we get rid of the queen of hell?"

"Are you sure Katherine's in our world?" Alaric asks through the phone as he stands in the library at the Whitmore college campus.

"When Cade crossed planes after the 11th ring of the bell, other souls could step through, too," Bonnie explains. "Same way Kai did. Katherine would have jumped at that chance."