EIGHTEEN

|18

|18.| IMPOSSIBLE

ITEMS BELONGING TO THE MARSHALL FAMILY surrounds the floor, including a photograph of Hayley and Jason when they first reunited. Hayley lies on the floor of unconscious while Benjamin kicks away some of the things that covered the floor. Lucien stands from the sofa and opens the curtains allowing the light to shine through.

"Ah, all the makings of a lovely day. Could you agree, Benji?" Lucien smiles at him and walks around Hayley towards the kitchen.

Benjamin doesn't reply as he is distracted by a shattered picture frame on the floor of Jason and Cora dressed up for the Mystic Falls High School decades dance. In the kitchen, Lucien turns on the gas, putting the kettle over a cooker ring, the clatter awakens Hayley. She immedeitly looks at the bite on her arm in horror and sits up, gasping. Lucien smiles over the bookcase and walks towards her.

"Ah, Hayley! Finally awake! Perfect. You've got a big day ahead of you," Lucien takes a sip of his drink.

"You bit me." Hayley pants, trying to maintain her composure, but she understands that she no longer is a hybrid.

"And sampled quite abit of your blood, actually. Very tasty, although more bitter than I expected. Fits perfect with your personality," Lucien exclaims calmly.

"Oh my god, I'm gonna die. I can't die," Hayley shakes her head and holds her head.

"Yeah, apologies. But, to be honest your days were numbered the moment you caught Elijah's eye. Happens to the innocent who involve themselves with the Mikaelsons," Lucien shakes his head and turns around once the kettle whistles. "Ah, care for tea? Benji?"

Benjamin steps over the clatter of items and joins Lucien in the kitchen as he returns to the kettle. Hayley glances to her side to see her jacket with a dark object that Mary had gave to her before they set foot inside of Lucien's penthouse to save Klaus. She quickly crawls towards her jacket and begins digging through her pockets.

"Oh, please Hayley. Have you not learned? If you try to fight me you will always lose." Lucien chuckles and hands Benjamin a cup of tea.

The two men walk into the living room just as Hayley throws The Devil's Star towards Lucien, which embeds in his neck covering his body in short lacerations. He is caught off guard by the sudden defense mechanism, distracting him as Hayley runs away. Lucien pulls out the star and it drops to the floor as he slowly turns around smiling. The vampire makes her way outside and stops against a wall to check on her bite, before heading towards the Mikaelson Compound.

-

Hayley is sat on the sofa, looking around wearily while her skin is paler than before. Cora stands in front her, calling her name, but the infected vampire cannot hear her. Freya and Elijah are near the doorway talking quietly while the witch gives him a spread.