THIRTEEN

|13

|13.| SOMEONE TO FIGHT FOR

AN UNEXPECTED VISIT FROM STEFAN SALVATORE threw the Mikaelsons off considering the things the prophecy says about family, friends, and foe. The Salvatore was luckily taken under Klaus' wing with the help of convincing him that Cora would very much like her brother alive. Although the hybrid doesn't like being guilt tripped into anything, he knew he couldn't live with himself if Cora's little brother were to die because he denied him hospitality.

Freya and Stefan sit upstairs living room, where the witch unbuttons Stefan's shirt to examine his X-shaped wound from a vampire hunter's sword. After an awkward silence, Stefan speaks up.

"So, um, just full disclosure... I dated your sister once," Stefan looks at the witch and she chuckles.

"Oh. While that seems like a great story, let's get back to your wound." Freya stands up and behind mixing ingredients into a small bowl. "A mystical vampire huntress stabbed you with her magic sword. Klaus killed her, but, surprise, surprise..."

"She regenerates." Stefan's lips fall into a thin line and Freya sighs dramatically as she walks back over to him.

"And won't rest until you're dead."

"Right. So, no matter how far I run, this wound acts as a beacon, drawing her to me," Stefan glances at his wound. "So, I guess you could say it's been a bit of a rough week."

The Salvatore chuckles nervously as Freya begins to rub an herbal paste over the still-bleeding X-shaped cut with an equally nervous smile. She's skeptical of the vampire since the prophecy says her siblings will fall by a friend as well, and Stefan is considered a friend. However, she's conflicted since she's bits of Cora in him and questions, is he actually apart of this prophecy?

"Well, I can't cure the wound, but this paste will mask its signal. Just let that dry, and you'll be on your merry way," Freya fake smiles and the vampire frowns in confusion.

"You know, not that I was expecting a, uh, parade or anything, but why is everyone so eager for me to go?"

Out in the hallway, Klaus and Elijah are talking as they walk down the staircase to the entrance call of the compound.

"Stefan Salvatore is not the problem. But, if you are so determined to find foe amongst friends, then look no further than Marcel." Klaus suggests. "After all, did he not steal Jason's heart and deliver it to the very people bent on harming us?"

"Marcel is the least of our troubles," Elijah says impatiently.

Upstairs where Stefan and Freya sat, they turn around at the sound of someone entering the room to see Mary walk inside.

"What's troubling the Mikaelsons? Oh, let's see." Mary taps her chin. "There's Elijah's super-secret society of ancient vampires..."

Klaus and Elijah continue their argument in the courtyard.
"The Strix would still be clamoring over Cora's heart if it weren't for Marcel." Elijah exclaims and Klaus glares at him, but knowing he's right.