SEVEN

|07

|07.| HELP ME HELP YOU

A BLACK TOWN CAR pulls into the small parking lot behind St. Anne's Church. Once the car is parked, Aurora gets out of the vehicle and walks around until she reaches the trunk, which she opens to find an unconscious Mary just as she left her the previous night due to Aurora snapping her neck.

"Aw, poor dear! Still sleeping," Aurora smugly smiles at her. "Well, you have a big day ahead of you. We should get started."

Aurora smiles even wider and bends over to pick the heretic up out of the trunk. However, before she can even begin to lift her up, Mary quickly opens her eyes and grabs the crowbar laying next to her before whacking Aurora upside the face with it. The older vampire shouts in pain as Mary takes advantage of her distraction and speeds away.

The heretic gets as far as she could which is around the corner, but the ancient vampire catches up to her easily and blocks her way, glaring at her in annoyance as she does so.

"That was not nice," Aurora grits her teeth and Mary rolls her eyes.

"Oh, please, grandma. I'm sure you've endured more pain than a little whack in the face with a damn crowbar," Mary spats which annoys the woman more.

"Okay, you and I need to have a little heart-to-heart conversation. Come along."
Aurora grabs her by the arm aggressively and drags her into the back entrance to the church. Once inside, they find at least a half-dozen men working out in the fight gym. Mary groans in annoyance as she is getting dragged towards the weights.

"So, what? We're gonna bond over by hitting the bench? I'd rather be with literally anyone else," Mary scoffs and Aurora chooses to ignore her carelessness.

"I heard a rumor these men train here, hoping to be made into vampires," Aurora says cheerfully. "So, I'm going to grant them their wish."

Aurora shoves Mary forward, and the heretic glares t her. "Listen here, hot head. I don't know who the hell you are exactly, but if you have a problem with me, fine. Just let these unworthy men go."

"Huh. I had assumed you knew who I was," Aurora looks at her in surprise.

"No matter. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Aurora de Martel." Aurora fake-curtsies in front of a unimpressed Mary. "Long-lost love of Niklaus Mikaelson. He and I are having just a little bit of a spat at the moment, as he took my brother captive. Now, it's come to my attention that you are...quite precious to him."

"To be perfectly clear with you Dora, Klaus and I are not..." Mary connects her two fingers and shakes her head. "I'm the best friend who doesn't give a damn about his psychotic ex girlfriend."

"Charming. Regardless, lovely, I'm taking you. And these lovely, delicious, delightful specimens are going to provide incentive!" Aurora looks over at the men sparring in the ring before turning back to Mary. "Once they're in transition, they'll need to feed, but with a little twist."