More Than Friends (robert plant)

"So if you wake up with the sunrise
And all your dreams are still as new
And happiness is what you need so bad
Girl, the answer lies with you, yeah"

*~*~*

I was laying in bed, my head in the crook of Robert's neck, and I was tracing my finger ever so lightly in figure eights across his chest.

He was still asleep, and during every breath he took I felt his hair move subtly across my neck. I looked up at him, his eyes closed and his beautiful eyelashes curled perfectly. He had a fresh-faced, morning glow, and his skin was soft, as he had just shaved the day before.

Oh how I loved this man.

But the thing was, he didn't know it.

I had known Robert for about a year. Yes, I had started off as a groupie for Led Zeppelin, and had particularly aimed for Robert Plant, but our 'relationship' soon turned into a friendship. Or a friends with benefits type of relationship if you'd like to call it that. And that was about it.

Almost every night after a show, Robert and I would go to his hotel room, or backstage if neither of us could wait, and then we'd fool around. Then in the morning, after we slept together, the both of us would get dressed and go along with our days. 

Suddenly Robert groaned and rolled over to face me, his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked me in a low, gruff morning voice.

"Long enough," I replied smiling.

Robert's mouth curled into a grin. He then ran his hand down the curve of my body one last time and he slowly sat up in bed and sat on the side of it, his back facing me.

I watched him stand up from the bed and lean over to pick his disheveled clothes up from the floor. I kept watching him while he got dressed, putting each leg into his blue jeans, and while he looked in the mirror to fix his fluffy blond curls.

"So will I see you later?" Robert asked, with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah," I laughed, looking into his sparkling eyes.

He nodded and then began making his way to the door.

I needed to tell him...

This 'friends with benefits' thing couldn't keep going on with the way I felt about him.

I jumped up quickly from bed and grabbed one of the sheets to cover up.

"Robert!" I said, almost desperately.

"What?" He replied, in the same tone.

"I- I need to tell you something..."

"Yes darling?" He asked, walking up to me, moving the hair out of his face once more.

"No, I can't..." I said, turning away from him.

Robert grabbed my waist and pulled me back towards him, "Y/N, just tell me."

I looked into his blue eyes and hesitated. I didn't want to mess up our relationship.

"Tell me," he said once more.

"I love you," I finally blurted out.

He was taken back a little, looking surprised. He stepped back from me.

"I- I know you don't love me back but-"

"Why would you think that?" He questioned.

"Because you can't. You're not supposed to. You need to pay attention to the band. And anyways, I'm just a groupie," I said quietly, "You should just go Robert."

He shook his head and grinned. stepping towards me again.

"Y/N, I've loved you since we first met, you don't even know. The guys think I'm crazy because I talk about you all the time in the studio," he laughed.

I was surprised, "Really?"

"Yes really. I thought you didn't like me the way I liked you, that's why I never told you either."

I smiled and looked up to him, his light eyes looking down at me.

"I better get to the studio," Robert said looking at the time, "How about I take you out for a real date tonight. Dinner? 6 o'clock?"

"I'd love that Robert," I replied.

He leaned his face down to me and gave me a kiss before he left, only this kiss was more passionate. I felt the love.

-
-
-
Woo, 600 reads😄 Thanks💜✌🏻🌼