7- welcome to Hogwarts

Harry

As we got off the train we did the usual 'who has whose stuff?'. When we were finally of I started listening for the usual "firs' years over here... firs' years..." instead we heard "first years line up over here,  please! All first years to me!"

I saw the familiar old Care of Magical Creatures,  Professor Grubby-Plank!

"Where's Hagrid?" I asked aloud

"I don't know. " Ginny replied, "but we should move,  we're blocking the path. "

I nodded as we pushed ourselves through the crowds of students towards the horseless carriages.  When we got there I was surprised, "why are there horses? " I asked aloud

Even though horse wasn't quite right,  they had the body, but... they were fleshless, with their skin clinging to their skeletons so that every bone was visible! Their heads were also dragonish, their eyes had no pupils!

And on their backs were wings - vast,  black,  leathery wings that looked like they belonged to giant bats!

Why were these horses here?  The carriages pulled themselves! As everyone climbed in I was the last one, still staring at the horse.

"First time seeing a thestral?" Came percy's voice, I looked at him, "don't worry,  your saner than me. " he told me

I climbed in and we all rode on silence. I watched percy's reaction as he caught view of Hogwarts.

He eyed it before sighing, "I hate castles."

He hates castles?

Percy

Why does the school have to be a castle?  Hecate just explained that that's how her favorite children decided to model it. Her children were Salazar Slytherin, Godric Gryffindor,  and Rowena Ravenclaw.

They were later joined by my sister, a demigod child between two gods, Helga Hufflepuff. She also didn't like castles. As soon as we entered the castle doors we were met by an old woman,  immediately people started muttering.

"Percy Jackson,  please come with me."

The muttering intensified as I walked up to her, "lead the way ma'am. " she led me through a maze of hallways until I was met with a familiar face next to giant doors: Nico!

"Di Angelo, this is your fellow exchange student,  Jackson. " she introduced us, he nodded, "If you excuse me, I need to collect the first years, you be sorted after them."

She then quickly turned around and left. Strange, I looked at Nico with a dozen questions in my head,  so I asked the most important one, "how long till I get expelled? "

"Five drachnas say you don't last two weeks. " he laughed, I mocked a reaction of hurt just as the woman reappeared

"Deal."

McGanagall

Percy was strange,  he was related to the dark Lord,  yet he seemed respectful. As I returned with the first years I saw him taking to Nico!

"Deal." he chuckled to Nico

He seemed relaxed, "welcome to Hogwarts," I greeted them all, "the start of term feast will begin shortly,  but first you'll be sorted into one of the four houses.  This ceremony is important because while your here,  your House is like your family within Hogwarts.  You will have classes together,  sleep in the same dormitory,  and spend your free time in the sane common room.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each had produced outstanding witches and wizards.  While your at Hogwarts your triumphs will earn your house points,  while rule breaking will lose you points.  Whomever has the most points at the end of the year gets the house cup, a great honor.

"Now follow me. " I finished, I had noticed that Percy and Nico kept repositioning themselves, they both have ADHD. They will be interesting!

I waved my hands making the doors to the great hall open revealing the hall.

Percy

As the lady let is into the giant room my mouth feel open,  the plates and stuff on the tables had no food! I scanned the tables for Luna,  not on the one at the far right,  that of had blondy and the gorillas, the second one had no familiar faces,  the third had the whole Potter Party, pp, the last one had Luna!

But in front of those tables, was another table of all older people,  probably the teachers. I recognized the old man who brought me to this country.

He eyed me, so I eyed him, we just eyed each other until the lady was in front of that table holding a stool and a hat.

"When i call your name, you'll come to the front and the hat will decide which house you'll be in. " she explained, "but first,  the hat has a few words to say."

Talking hat,  if i was mortal I'd be wondering what was in my food earlier.  Then... the hat started... singing... i paid zero attention.

Harry

I didn't pay attention to the hat's song, I was to busy watching Percy,  waiting for a reason to hex him. Instead he simply looked around the room and twirled a pen. Why does he have a pen?

When the song ended I heard the others start to discuss it,  but I focused on Percy.

I clapped when my house clapped, I booed when they booed, but I watched as Percy slowly got closer to the stool.  When he was the only one left Dumbledore stood up.

"This year Hogwarts will be accepting two new exchange students,  both are from America. I hope you'll welcome them warmly. " with that he sat down

McGanagall looked at the shorter of the two,  where was he before? Did he just apparate? "Nico Di Angelo!" She called, he took two steps before the hat spoke: "Gryffindor!" It yelled

I swear we clapped harder than usual,  after all, we don't get exchange students often.

"Perceous Achilles Jackson!" Percy stepped towards the hat, I swear I saw it twitch as he got close.

McGanagall placed it on his head,  it sat there for a few moments before speaking.  It's word made my mouth drop.

Percy

When i sat down on the stool I heard a voice in my head, "you have Slytherin blood in you as well as Hufflepuff." It said

Yep. I know. I thought back

"Let's see here,  you've done many brave and amazing things!"

Thanks?

"I've decided." It stated before I heard the next part out loud...

Poseidon

I watched the oceans,  lakes,  and rivers for demigods.  Hoping to see someone I can drown.

Sadly the demigods took my threat seriously. I stole a peak at Percy,  he was about to be sorted, will he follow his grandfather,  his sister, or his courage?