Chapter 6: Red Nose Reindeer

No POV:
It had been a month since the end of the Moonlit Black Cats guild it was now December 24th. The only survivors where Y/N or Shi and Kirito they had split up and went their separate ways after that each blaming themselves they knew that it was a trap they had played the beta and they had seen many traps like that before. They each had thought "why didn't I tell them the truth". It took Kirito messaging Y/N about a special quest for the holidays that gave a unique item. To make sure the information was right Kirito met up with the number one informant in Aincrad Argo the rat.

Kirito POV:
I was waiting for the informant to show herself Shi went out to get the money for the payment and trust me it wasn't cheap but Shi didn't complain all he said was "I could use the experience points". After that day I've never seen Shi work so hard on mastering his crafting skill I never even knew he had one until that day. "Did you wait long?" a voice said I looked over and saw her Argo the rat the best informant in SAO "no, do you have what I need?" I asked "yes I do, but do have the cash?" Argo asked before I could say anything a voice spoke up "I thought the great Argo would be taller" I turned around and saw Shi Argo had an irritated look "hey" she said Shi threw a bag of money at her which she caught. "Is it all here?" Argo asked "count it" Shi said she eyed the bag and pulled up the info menu "yep it's all here, thank you gentlemen" Argo said "now the info please" I asked "alright the holiday floor boss is on the 35th floor in the Forest of the Wandering, it's name is Nicholas The Renegade" Argo said "is the item real?" Shi asked "yes the item is real" Argo answered with that Shi left us "gesh someone is in a hurry" Argo "Don't let it get to you he's just going through things" I said then I waved goodbye to Argo then ran after Shi.

Time Skip

No POV:
Walking in through the forest during a snowy night on Christmas are Shi and Kirito. The two are heading for the boss room in the Forest of the Wandering. Along the way the two hardly talk to eachother the only thing on their mind are the deaths they thought they had caused.

Flashback

Standing in front of Kirito and Shi is the leader of the Moonlit Black Cats Keita. When they told him what happened to the others he didn't take it very well he looked at the two he didn't say anything he just had a look of sadness and dismay but not anger. Keita walked over to the ledge and was going to jump Kirito and Shi tried to stop him Shi caught his hand but Keita pulled out a knife and cut Shi's hand forcing him to let go Keita fell into the clouds and died.

Flashback Over

Y/N POV:
If only I had held on tighter and ignored the pain and pulled him up but what would he have done if I did. Kirito and I hadn't really talked on the way to the boss I guess we couldn't exactly talk about us causing the death of innocencent players. We had walked some distance without running into any monsters which I thought was weird but I was pulled out of that when I heard footsteps behind us so did Kirito. We both turned around and saw a familiar scruffy face it was Klein he had came here with his friends he was talking about from back then they called themselves Fuurinkazan guild. "Hey guys been a long time" Klein said "yeah it has" Kirito said "why are you here?" I asked getting straight to the point "man why you got to be super serious" Klein responded "why'd you follow us no one really gets by my senses" I said Klein had a guilty look on his face "yeah we followed you from a distance, I'm worried about the both of you going after an item that doesn't work I mean once you die you die one life with no re-spawns" Klein said. I felt defeated "look Klein, we need to do this" Kirito said "yeah yeah whatever where going to help you" Klein said. I tried to detest but then there was more players spawning in they wore armor of the Divine Dragon Alliance guild "their after the item as well" I said "yeah they'll do anything to get a rare item" Klein said "hold them off while Shi and I get the item" Kirito said Klien looked at us "what wait" he said I interrupted "listen just hold them off" I said Klien gave us a look "fine go" he said Kirito and I nodded and ran to the boss.

Time Skip

Y/N POV:
The boss was hard he came riding across the sky in a sleigh then jumped down to face Kirito and I. The fight was long I fired arrows to distract him while Kirito cut him down then I also went in with my sword. It took awhile I got thrown around some so did Kirito but we defeated Nicholas and got the Divine Stone of Returning Soul. We walked out of the boss area and found Klein and his guild taking breather the Divine Dragon Alliance where gone Klein looked up at us Kirito threw him the item "Why are you giving this to me?" Klein asked "we decided that this whole thing was for nothing we except that once you die you stay dead" I said "keep it but when someone you care for is going to die use it right away" Kirito said. After that Kirito and I parted ways we each said our goodbyes and promised to stay in touch with eachother. I was sitting in an inn not thinking about anything then I received a message it was from Sachi of all people I opened it and out came a video crystal. On the video was a voice message "hey Shi if your getting this message then I guess the inevitable happened and I am no more, I left a message for Kirito as well and I just wanted to tell you two that for awhile I knew your true levels I felt that you kept it to protect us it made me feel like you'd save me both of you, I don't want you two to blame yourselves for what happened to me and the others, at the time your getting this message it will be Christmas and I would like to sing you a song" Sachi began to humm Rudolph the red nose reindeer as she was humming I started to cry. Ever since this game started I could never really show emotions they'd just get in the way Sachi's humming stopped "thank you both and goodbye, also look after eachother everyone needs friends especially in this world" she said.

A/N:
Hey guys I just wanted to get a few things out of the way as it has been brought up that the character is like an assassin I just want to let you guys know that yes Y/N or Shi does have the skills like an assassin but he doesn't like killing he trys to avoid it but when it does happen he's really good at it. Another thing I know it seems like I'm following the episodes but what I'm trying to do is have one chapter be different and another follow an episode I do want to make this my own telling but I want to keep somewhat on track with the show. As always I will see you guys again