Chapter 21: Yui's Heart

November 1st; Floor 1: Town of Beginnings

No POV:

Early in the morning we see Y/N, Kirito and Asuna eating breakfast inside of a guest room of the church, were Sasha and the children players were residing. They had all stayed there at the church after Yui passed out. Y/N had messaged Lis to notify her that he wouldn't be home and as to why he wouldn't be home.

Y/N POV:

The three of us were enjoying breakfast that I had made for us and the children living in this church. The owner of the church thanked me for cooking and Asuna for saving them. Both Kirito and Asuna were amazed by how many children players there were in the church. I explained to them that it was way worse then what their seeing. I told them there was more stuck on higher floors.

We looked over to see Yui enjoying her food smiling with each bite. Thankfully she had made a full recovery last night after her panic attack. However her words haunted me a bit they were very eerie. The ladies who owned the church and looked after the children Sasha explained to Kirito and Asuna that I was right and that since the day this death game was announced she felt that it was her duty to look after all of the lost children.

She had taken walks around town every day looking for children. Sasha also got help from miss Rita when she would send kids down to her. However Sasha said that she had never seen Yui before. I could see the disappointment on their faces when she said that. "Don't worry you two we will find her parents, look the two of you are doing everything you can for her" I told them. Asuna sighed "you're right Shi" she said "what if we don't find them?" Kirito asked. I looked at him and put my hand on his shoulder "just like me and Lis with Nilo you two will look after her and from what I've seen she trusts you and relies on you" I answered.

That worked and the two of them cheered up quickly. Suddenly a woman entered the room. Her name was Yulier and she was the vice commander of the army. "Are you here to start something over them fighting your men or me injuring your men on the 46th floor? I asked. "Actually no I am here to thank the three of you my men needed to be punished they should not let power go to their heads" Yulier answered. "So then why are you here then?" Kirito asked the woman.

Yulier stood up and bowed before the three of us. "I beg that the three of you please help me" Yulier said to us. We taken back by this and the display Yulier was showing us. Yulier explained that the army had become corrupt thanks to the efforts of their sub-leader Kibaou who was trying to overtake leadership of the guild from the normal leader Thinker. Hearing that guy's name brought back memories of how much of a jerk that guy was back when we were going to clear the first floor dungeon. I for sure he had learned his lesson after Agil told him off.

Yulier continued to explain that when Kibaou came into power the guild became corrupt. She said that Kibaou used his power and enacted taxes on the people of the first floor and any other floor they control. I clenched my fist tightly from remembering what happened to Nilo and miss Rita. Yulier said due to the taxes being raised people began to believe that Kibaou had lost interest in clearing the game.

It was then Yulier said that it was in fact Kibaou who sent Kobatz and his men to challenge the 74th floor boss by themselves. I remembered what happened how Kirito and I almost died saving those people. For the deaths of Kobatz and two of his men the guild had planned on exiling Kibaou. Honestly he'd be getting what he deserved for sending those men to their deaths.

Yulier now explained as to why she came here for our help. Yulier said that Kibaou who was now desperate lured Thinker into a high level dungeon on this floor without any equipment or crystals. It went there think that Kibaou was going to apologize for the incident on the 74th floor. "That was extremely foolish of him" Kirito said "yeah how is that a smart decision for the leader of a guild to make a decision like that" I added.