Chapter 10: Forged in Fire

No POV:
After helping Silica with getting the pneuma flower to revive Pina Y/N and Kirito headed out and went their own way back to the frontlines. Y/N had to stop by his workshop to finish up on his new weapons he'd been trying to make for months.

Y/N POV:
I was at my forge heating up a rare metal I came across it was called 'holy iron' apparently it was blessed by the gods I don't know but what I do know is that this metal is very malleable. What I was planning on making was the blades for my hidden blades right now I had all the straps and mechanisms for it I just needed the blades. I took out the metal and began to strike a small hammer against a chisel after a few hits the metal formed a small knife like blade then I repeated the process on the other piece forming another small blade. With that I sharpened the blades and began to attach them to the mechanisms. I made them like a gauntlet I attatched small iron caps to the knuckles and few other things and now was finished (looks like the image from the info part). You see when I had first tried to build one I got far then when I sent the blade out it choped off my finger but luckily after having Lisbeth yell at me and fixing a few kinks and forging a new blade that problem was gone. My reasoning for building hidden blades was that I liked the Assassin's Creed games and since SAO tried to be different and didn't have any game tie-ins I made my own. Something else I made was my own version of the tomahawk from Assassin's Creed 3 I liked the original but the remake seemed more yellow but mine had a larger blade not to large and black eagle feathers with ores I bought from a traveling merchant. With my new weapons I had to test them out I needed to up my axe skill, but my knife skill was almost maxed I guess the game identified the blades a single knife which surprised me but none the less I went up 40th floor to test them out.

Time Skip

Y/N POV:
After killing monsters in the woods and in the dungeon something happened Fenrir had gotten bigger I guess since he's not a normal animal he gets bigger and stronger as I do now instead of a small puppy he was now a small version of his mother. With growing stronger Fenrir could now help in fights and boss raids so now I wouldn't have to leave him with Lisbeth and Nilo. With that I now had to train Fenrir how to fight and support me which he was actually good at I raised his health, speed and attack stats I would try to raise his defense before the boss raid. While sitting in a field eating a lunch I made with Fenrir I got a message from Lisbeth she had found a place to set up shop and found a house nearby on floor 48 in the town of Lindarth she had enough money for one thing it was either the shop or the house they both where 300,000 cor each which put her into a bind she needed a place to stay and the rent at her old place was expensive and she needed a better forge which made her ask me for help. That gave me something to do before the boss raid on the 56th floor so I got up and teleported to floor 55 and went to the request board to find a job. After awhile I found one it was on this floor and it was to kill the demon bull blacksmith the reward was 500,000 cor and an item that maxed out your blacksmithing skill with rare tools and materials it was a steal I could not only get the money for the shop but I could help Lisbeth get new tools and more materials to craft with plus my skill getting maxed out. With this mission I headed off to slay the demon bull blacksmith Knull.

Time Skip

Y/N POV:
It took awhile but I finally made it to the lair of Knull it was hard getting past his minions whithout setting off any alarms but I did it with my sneak skill. I stopped at a large black iron door I could hear a hammer hitting a blade on an anvil and could feel the heat coming off the door. I slowly opened the door and saw a giant minotaur it was tall and had light fur with red eyes it was Knull

When I entered the room Knull stopped what it was doing and looked down at me it dropped the hammer and roared all of a sudden it's minions entered the room and started attacking me

When I entered the room Knull stopped what it was doing and looked down at me it dropped the hammer and roared all of a sudden it's minions entered the room and started attacking me. While I was busy being distracted it went over to a rack and took down a large maul (one from the picture) and charged at me. I only barley managed to dodge the attack I had Fennrir hold off the minions I threw my tomahawk at a minion killing it then grabbed it and threw it at Knull hitting it straight in the chest. The beast roared in pain as it took out the weapon before it could throw away the tomahawk I threw a smoke bomb in its eyes at that moment I thought about that one old movie it gave me an excellent idea. Now with a plan I took out a rope dart and threw it at Knull's right leg making it roar again I started to run around Knull's legs wrapping them up as I was doing this Knull began to swing it's maul around blindly still not being able to see due to a sticky substance I put into the smoke bomb. When I was ready and Knull's legs where fully wrapped I took out my bow and shot an arrow in the back of its head causing it to move and fall down. Fenrir was behind Knull fighting the minions before Fenrir was crushed I ran as fast as I could picking him up and carrying him to safety luckily Knull's weight crushed it's minions instead. I took this moment to jump on Knull and stabbed it with one of my hidden blades in its neck with a twist of my wrist I broke it's neck killing it instantly. Knull died and broke into pixels as did it's remaining alive minions with the quest over I raised my level up by two as did Fenrir's defense. There a chest appeared before me I opened it to reveal that rare skill item with 500,000 cor with an extra 100,000 bonus for not tripping any alarms and killing it within a 30 minute and no hit bonus with a bunch of rare tools and materials I swiped right on my menu and took everything. With the quest now over I headed back to floor 48 I sent a message to Lisbeth to meet me at the gate with Nilo.

Time Skip

Lisbeth POV:
As soon as I got the message from Shi I rushed over to the teleport gate in Lindarth with Nilo. We waited for him to return "when's big brother Shi coming I want to see him and Fenrir" Nilo complained "don't worry Nilo they'll be here in no time" I began to say as the teleport gate activated with Shi and a much bigger Fenrir walking out of it Nilo was excited she ran over to them "big brother, Fenrir I missed you so much" she cheered "calm down Nilo I've been gone a week" Shi said hugging Nilo "look at Fenrir he's so big now" Nilo said amazed "yeah I was surprised too, when I level up so does he which means he grows bigger" Shi said. While Nilo was distracted with Fenrir Shi walked over to me "hey Lis" he said "yeah hey Shi what did you want to see me about?" I asked "well you know you where 300,000 cor short well I did something really dangerous" he answered. I grew a bit mad "what did you do?" I asked sternly "well you see..." he began as I tapped my foot on the ground "I went on a quest on the 55th floor and killed a giant monster and got enough money to help you with buying the shop so you don't have to pay a single penny" he said getting down on his knees and began to beg. Hearing that my mode lightened I got him to stand up and stop apologizing so he could show me what he got "600,000 cor that's enough to buy both!" I said amazed "yeah that's not all" he said showing me all the tools and materials he got from the quest. I didn't know what to say I had asked him for a little help I didn't think he'd go out of his way like this it made me feel weird in my chest I didn't know what it was but I kinda liked it. With all the money, tools and materials not only could I get us a house rent free but I could also get the shop and with the tools and all of the materials I could begin to make weapons, shields and armor to stock my inventory with all the other stuff I had made. Shi smiled at me "I hope your happy" he said I smiled back "you know it" I said as I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug "ooh big brother and Lisbeth are a couple!" Nilo said in a teasing tone I instantly blushed "oh come on Nilo it's not like that!" I yelled but secretly wished Shi would ask me.

A/N:
Hey guys I am glad to get this chapter out for you and hope you like it be ready for the next chapter Saturday and as always I will see you later