Chapter 18: Revelations

I had just passed out with barely a sliver of health left after successfully defeating the boss with Kirito. As I was passed out I heard a voice talking to me it said "don't die on me big brother". Quickly I woke up and saw Miko holding on to me. She was crying "big brother please wake up" she said. I didn't say anything but as I looked at her it became very clear on who Miko truly was. "Mika is that you?" I asked she looked up and immediately hugged me tightly "I'll take that as a yes" I said. "Hey if you hug me any tighter I'll lose the last of my health" I said. "Let me have this" she said "okay then" I replied letting my sister hug me.

When Mika let go of me Klein informed me that three players including the leader Kobatz were dead. This was the first time any players had died in a boss fight since the 67th floor. "If only we had stopped them" Kirito said "it's never been this hard" I said. Klein mused at how stupid Kobatz actions were Klein said that there wasn't a point in fighting if your just going to die. I couldn't agree more what's the point in trying to fight if your just going to die. Suddenly Klein began to question Kirito and I about what had just happened saying that we weren't off the hook just yet.

Both Kirito and I sighed we knew that Klein wouldn't take no for an answer so we told him. Kirito explained that his skill was called Dual Blades and that it showed up six months ago in his skill window. I explained that my skill was called Sword of Eden and that it also showed up six months ago in my skill window. We told Klein that since we didn't know the conditions that we met to unlock them we kept the skills secret. We said that we were afraid what people would do if they found out about our skills. Klein asked if I had the Dual Blade skill like Kirito. I told him no and explained that another skill I have is Skill Copy and that it allows me to copy one skill at a time. Klein understood why we didn't tell anyone that most MMO gamers would be jealous that we had skills that they didn't Klein admitted that he'd be a bit jealous too but since he was our friends it wasn't much of a problem to him. He then looked at Kirito and how Asuna was all over him.

Klein and his guild had left to the next settlement to unlock it. Asuna and Mika said that they were going to take a leave of absence from the guild. I asked Mika why she would do that she explained that seeing me almost died scared her and that she wanted to be with me. Asuna said the same thing to Kirito I knew that the two of them loved eacother but either one wasn't going to say it or they didn't notice it. I then hugged Mika I apologized for scaring her I promised that I wouldn't do it again. Kirito and Asuna was suprised to find out that Miko was actually my sister. I was also supprised that she was my sister I had some questions that needed to be answered.

Mika and I left Asuna so we could talk alone in private. I asked her how she managed to log on I had thought she was at the doctor doing physical therapy. Mika explained to me that her and mom got home early and she noticed that I had already logged on so Mika logged on as well. Apparently she logged on before people realized that SAO was actually death game. "Like you said big brother the virtual world is the only place I can walk for now" Mika said.

I knew what she meant ever since the day she lost the ability to walk I always helped her try to experience things that she couldn't any more. Mika and I hugged some more. I then asked why I wasn't able to recognize her from the first time we meet back before the first ever boss fight. Mika explained that she purchased a hair cut and dyed her hair also she purchased contacts. Next Mika opened her menu I spawned an item "it's a Mask of False Sight it hides my true appearance from enemies and people so that they can't see what I fully look like" Mika answered.

It made sense now as why I couldn't quiet recognize Mika. But now I had an important question "why hide from me?" I asked. Mika sighed "I didn't want you to know I was playing the game I know that you like to test these types of games out to see if I can play" Mika answered. I grabbed her hands "I wouldn't be mad if I knew you were in this world with me I would of done everything I could to protect you" I said. "That's the thing I knew that you would lose your focus instead of getting stronger you'd only keep me safe" Mika replied.

She wasn't wrong I knew that the only reason I had gotten this far was so I could escape and get back to her and the rest of my family. If I had known from the start I would of only kept her safe I would make sure she was alive. I hugged Mika again "now that I know I will protect you but I ask that you protect me" I said "you know I will big brother Y/N you and I will keep each other safe. "One thing Mika we should address each other by our avatar names unless we're alone or with Lis" I told her. Mika understood why I said that she knew that it was best to keep our real identities safe.

Time Skip

Floor 50: Algade

I was in Agil's shop with Fenrir as was Kirito. Agil was reading the paper both Kirito and I told Agil that the papers were a bit exaggerated. The paper read "A blue demon had killed an Army squadron and was killed by a guy's dual bladed 50-hit  along with another guy's golden bladed 60-hit combo". Kirito mused at how he had been chased all morning by swordsmen and info brokers due to the revelation of his Dual Blades skill. I told him that it was impossible for Lis and I to hangout or for me to stay at Lis's or my place since they knew were they were. I recalled how many times I had to sick Fenrir on people for peeking in through Lis's windows.

Lis walked in "he is right Kirito Shi and I haven't had a moment of peace" she said. "However it is both of your faults for revealing our secret to everyone" Lis said as she sat a box down. Both Kirito and I sighed suddenly both Asuna and Miko burst through the doors. They had a look of concern on their faces. "Shi/Kirito something is wrong really wrong" they both said.

Floor 55: Granzam

There we stood all four of us in front of the leader of the Knights of the Blood Oath. His name was Heathcliff from what Mika always told me that he was a strong player whom she looked up to besides me. The reason why were here was because Heathcliff denied both Mika and Asuna's request to leave. He challenged both Kirito and I to a duel for the sake of Miko and Asuna to take a temporary leave of absence from the guild. He stated that he couldn't allow both of his vice-commanders to leave so easily

Heathcliff went on and said that since both Miko and Asuna were primary members of the clearing party that they were very important. I tried to argue that he may be the leader of my sister's guild but I was her older brother and my authority was stronger than his. Heathcliff said that he appreciated me devotion to family and that he was glad someone cared very much about his precious memeber. Again Heathcliff said that if we won the duel he would let Miko and Asuna leave. He grew silent then he said that if we lost then both Kirito and I would join the Knights of the Blood Oath.

It was then I realized that it was there was no point in trying to convince him to let the girls leave. So both Kirito and I excepted the duel Kirito said that it was better to use swords then words. Heathcliff said that he couldn't wait to go against Kiritos dual blades and my golden sword.

A/N: Hey readers I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and are ready for the new year. Sorry for the lack of action this chapter but do not worry there will be plenty of that in the next chapter. I will say this now I have a big surprise next chapter that I'm sure you've all been waiting for. As always thank you for reading and I will see you all later