Chapter 9: Beast Tamer Silica

February 23, 2024: Floor 35, Field of the Wandering

No POV:
It had been a month since Y/N had saved Fenrir and began to train him and increase his level. Since that day Fenrir had gotten somewhat bigger when not walking he'd sit on Y/N's shoulder. Y/N was walking through the Field of the Wandering  because Kirito sent him a message to help him track down a small red guild who killed a players whole team. Y/N was down to stop player killers but the only down side was that he had to find Kirito due to him giving Y/N little info on where he was. So while Y/N was searching he heard the scream of a girl and the howls of Drunken Apes.

Y/N POV:
I ran to the direction of the screams I was right about it being Drunken Apes they had attacked a young player.I told Fenrir to protect the girl to which he jumped off my shoulder and ran to the girl and got into a stance then growled at the ape men. I sliced one up then another went to attack me luckily that idiot Kirito stopped it "long time no see pal" I said "sorry about the directions" Kirito said killing the monster. I could see the girl was scared she had little armor she had pigtails and was small "go check on her" I said Kirito ran over to the girl just as I killed the last Drunken Ape. I then went over to the girl she was scared "easy calm down" I said "th...th...thank you" she said "no problem now please tell us your name?" Kirito asked "my name is Silica, they killed Pina" she said as she began to cry. It was her the beast tamer I wanted to meet here she was crying "hey there Silica open your items list and look for an item" Kirito said Silica stopped crying and began to scroll until she stopped and found an item titled "Pina's heart" now she began to cry tears of joy. "Hey Shi I didn't know you had a dog" Kirito said Fenrir barked at him "he's not a dog he's a Silver Fang Wolf" I said "wait one of those high level beasts?" Silica asked "how'd you find one?" Kirito asked "long story" I answered. "Silica there is a way to revive Pina there's a flower on the 47th floor" Kirito said hearing that Silica began to cheer up but then she realized something "that's going to be difficult for me but one day I'll be able to revive Pina" she said Kirito grew a glum look "sorry but there is a time limit on how long Pina can be dead" Kirito said "then I'll give Pina's heart to you and have you go" Silica stated "I can't the flower will only bloom if the creatures owner is there" Kirito said. Silica began to cry again I punched Kirito in the shoulder "ouch why'd you do that?" he asked "easy there don't make her cry" I said "but listen Shi and I will help you we'll get you some armor and better weapons and the three of us will help you get the flower to revive Pina" Kirito said Silica looked at us she had a look of joy.

Silica POV:
After Kirito and Shi saved me I was so happy that they would help me go and revive Pina it was my fault for leaving the group without enough healing items in the first place of I hadn't Pina would still be alive. Besides that I had wondered why Kirito and Shi where being nice to me everyone else just saw me as a mascot for their team so I decided to ask "hey Kirito and Shi why are you being so nice to me?" I asked. They both stopped and looked at me "it's kinda embarrassing" Kirito said "I promise I won't laugh" I said "same here" Shi said "well okay, it's just that you remind me of my sister" Kirito said. I started to gigle Shi laughed "come on you guys promised" Kirito said embarrassed "I'm sorry I couldn't help it" I said "well then how about you tell us your reasoning Shi" Kirito said "okay the reason why I helped you was that you where in a helpless situation and if my sisters ever found out I didn't help a young girl they'd kill me when I get out of this world" Shi answered. "Well we should get into town" Kirito declared "fine let's go" Shi said I got up and dusted myslef off and walked back to town with them.

Time Skip

Floor 35: The town of Mishe