Chapter 12: Revenge or Justice

No POV:
As Y/N and Kirito took their shot a can't hit object menu came up then the hooded figure pulled out a teleportation crystal as the town bell rang neither Y/N or Kirito could hear where the figure had teleported to. After the cloaked figure teleported away as Y/N and Kirito where chasing him they went back to the inn to go check on the others. Angered Kirito hit a wall causing an immortal object sign to pop up Y/N and Miko where busy thinking of what to do. As this was all going on Schmitt began to freak out he actually began to believe that it was the ghost of Griselda wearing her old robes coming back for revenge. Kirito and Y/N denied that idea because a ghost wouldn't need a teleport crystal and that there had to be a logical explanation for the deaths. They later sent Schmitt back to the Dragon Alliance and where now sitting on a hill discussing recent events.

Y/N POV:
"I still don't think the killer is a ghost" I say out loud "I don't know we've seen it twice now" Asuna said "Shi is right a ghost wouldn't need a teleport crystal to move around" Kirito said "all this ghost killer talk is making me hungry, Asuna my sweet did you bring sandwiches?" Miko asked. We laughed "I didn't think the thunder demon got hungry" I said Miko hit me in the arm "shut up Asuna's sandwiches are amazing" Miko said "I didn't think the second in command was a cook" Kirito said "fine do you want to go hungry?" Asuna asked angrily "no thank you I'd like to eat" Kirito said "I'm good I made myself something to eat" I said they all stares at me like I was weird. "I didn't think you ate anything" Miko said "yeah neither did I" Asuna said "well I need to feed Fenrir and plus since I'm not always at my friends place helping them out I needed to learn how to save money and make my own food" I said "well what did you make?" Kirito asked "nothing much" I said opening my item menu spawning a bento box. I opened the box revealing rice, vegetables and an omelette we began to eat our lunches "this sandwich is actually really good you should consider selling them" Kirito said Asuna got mad and made Kirito drop his sandwich making it burst into pixels. "Here you can have some of my bento" I told Kirito he began to eat "this is amazing" Kirito said "hey let me have some" Miko said "I think I should also have some" Asuna said "fine here take the whole thing" I said backing away from the box "here you go Fenrir" I said tossing the wolf some dried meat. At first I didn't think about it but that sandwich gave me an idea about the murders no one could break the system not even a weapon or a ghost I could tell Kirito had the same idea.

Time Skip
Floor 19, Hill of the Cross

No POV:
Standing infront of a grave was Schmitt he was begging for forgiveness. A voice caused him to turn around to only find a rabbit relived that it was nothing he turned around to find a hooded figure was standing infront of him. Frightened by this he backs up and pulls out a sword Schmitt began to confess about finding a crystal with a note. Another figure appeared behind him "who gave the order?" it asked thinking the ghost was Grimlock's Schmitt began to say he had no idea who gave the order and that he hadn't killed anyone. The two ghosts removed their hoods to reveal that they where actually Yolko and the man Caynz Schmitt was shocked by this.

Elsewhere

No POV:
Y/N and Kirito where explaining to Asuna and Miko that Caynz and Yolko where both still alive. Y/N brought up that there is no normal way for a player's HP to drop in the safe zones unless it was a duel. Then Kirito brought up that if an item's durability where to hit zero it would shatter into pixels like the sandwich. So the weapon didn't kill Caynz it just destroyed his armor and right as it broke he teleported away. The same was with Yolko she was watching her armor's durability while she was talking to them and as it was about to hit zero she fell out the window and teleported away creating the effect of dying. The person in the hood Y/N and Kirito chased was Caynz so it would look like there was a ghost that killed Yolko.