┊EPILOUGE┊

One year living in this beautiful town.

Six months to being Namjoon's girlfriend.

Mom and dad are here on stay.

I still remember when I told mom about Namjoon. Her reaction was priceless.

"I see, that's why you've been avoiding coming home. Very nice."

I was a blushing mess and Namjoon just watched with his dimples stretching out on his squishy cheeks.

I look back at the small golden band with an aquamarine in the center of it's shiny hue and smile.

It's so beautiful, just like its giver.

It happened yesterday at 5:43 am.

I was in a deep sleep because I was tired Due to working extra hours in the café these days.

It was a knock on my door that roused me from my slumber. When I got up and checked the time, it was 4:33 am.

I didn't understand who it would be at that time.

I still got out of bed and went to check.

When I opened the door, my eyes widened and my sleep dissipated.

Namjoon stood there all dressed and ready for the day.

He didn't even give me a chance to speak or ask what was happening before he grabbed my hand.

"I have something to show you."

Was all he said and I didn't say anything.

He always surprised me like this so I just quietly followed him in my sweat pants and oversized pink shirt.

It was still dark and I didn't understand where he'd take me at this hour but after a bit I understood that we were going to the beach.

When we reached the place Namjoon looked at me.

"Close your eyes."

I looked at him in confusion but he gave me an assuring smile and I sighed before closing my eyes as he took my hand.

After a bit he spoke.

"Open your eyes."

He said softly and when I did, my eyes widened as the sun rose from the horizon of the sea.

It was so beautiful.

I lost my breath for a second.

I looked at Namjoon and he smiled softly before reaching into his pocket and pulled something out.

It was a small box.

"I wanted to make your first sunrise special. And I couldn't think of a better way."

He then got down on one knee and my heart stopped as he opened the box, revealing the ring.

"Yoon Da Eun, you're the sweetest and the most beautiful person I've ever met. I know we're soulmates, who are meant to be together forever. In the beautiful words of Earnest Hemingway; 'We would be together and have our books and at night be warm in bed together with the windows opens and the stars bright.'
What I mean to say; You make me happy and you put up with me. You know me so well and even though we've been together for a while...I still want to tell you that I love you so much. So so so much. I can't ever let you go and I just want to spend my whole life with you. Please let that happen and...just say it, truthfully. Will you marry me?"

My heart was beating madly and I couldn't form words because I was already crying. I just nodded.

He slid the ring onto my finger.

What happened after, even I wasn't expecting that.

I tackled him on the ground. Showering his whole face with kisses.

He laughed and hugged me before cupping my cheek and looking into my eyes, his own shining under the light of the sun. Slowly, he wiped my tears away and I smiled at him.

"I'm so glad you said yes!"

"I'm so glad you asked! I love you, Kim Namjoon."

"I love you more."

I was always right.

Namjoon is perfect.

I love him.

And I know,

He loves me too.

❀ ━━━━━━━━ ❀

THE END

I hope you liked this little story!