Chapter 2

Chapter 2

My body echoed in pain as I thrashed against the chair I was strapped in. "Mom, it hurts," I pleased, tears in my eyes as I looked at her next to me.

Her eyes looked at me with sympathy as her hand caressed my cheek, "I know baby. But it'll be over soon." Her eyes looked up at the person standing on the other side of me. "Finish it," She ordered.

Following my mom's eyes, I met the person standing on the other side of me. His hair was black, matching his eyeliner under his eyes that stood out in a brown color. He looked almost, ashamed of his actions as his eyes met mine before returning to my right arm.

His hand danced over mine, just barely missing the skin. Purple smoke came from his hand, burning my skin once again. My body jolted and thrashed again in pain as a sharp scream left my lips.

My eyes flew open, my body quick to sit up at the action. The first thing I saw was a pair of blue and brown eyes, seeming to relax my body with it's voice. "Hey, hey. You're okay."

Jace. He sat next to me, my sitting up body almost running into his.

Bright lights shined around me, causing my eyes to look around in wonder. No longer was I in my home but in a different building, one that looked unfamiliar to my eyes. I was laying on a small, thin bed in the middle of a room that could look like a hospital room. Only this room was bigger with less of a hospital feel.

"Where am I?" I asked, my eyes looking around. They caught sight of the black haired girl from the club. "You're from the club," I pointed out, my hands still holding my body up on the bed.

The girl smirked, "Smart girl. I'm Isabelle," She said, softening her smile, as if she had just accepted me into something.

"Faith!" Clary's voice yelled out. I turned, just in time to meet her arms wrapping around my body in a huge hug. Her weight almost threw me back, but I caught myself before wrapping one arm around her.

"Clary?" I said surprised, pulling away to get a good look at her. No longer was she the monster I had seen. She was just my sister, looking at me with worried eyes. "How are you here?" I asked, confused how she even got here.

Jace spoke up on the other side of me, grabbing my attention. "She was attacked by the same thing that attacked you. We saved her and brought her here."

"Thank you," I said, just above a whisper, my eyes seeming to fall on his again. His eyes, I swear I've starred into his eyes before. I mean, before this day.

As if going to speak, Jace's mouth opens only for him to stop when the black haired man from the club walks in. Already, I can see the pissed off look he has, clearly glaring daggers at my sister and I.

"Mundanes shouldn't even be here," The man said, stopping near the bed. His eyes settled on Jace when he was done glaring at my sister and me.

"Where is "here" exactly?" Clary asked, clearly confused like I was.

Ignoring my sister's question, Jace looked at the black haired man, growing irritated. "They're not Mundanes, Alec. I've told you this already." He let's out a sigh, looking toward Isabelle, "Look, Isabelle, can you..."

Alec seems to get the invisible gesture that Jace didn't make, quickly speaking up again. "Am I the only one who finds this unusual?"

No, not quiet.

"You find everything unusual, Alec," Isabelle said, smiling at her brother.

My eyes moved between Alec, Isabelle, and Jace as they spoke to each other.