Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Faith's POV

It's strange to have so much downtime that I can actually get some of these racing thoughts down on paper. Yet, here I was, writing in my journal with no one to bother me.

Although I found it kind of strange what I was writing, I didn't argue with the idea. Luke had changed in the woods, losing control, and hunting people.

Story wise, it was an interesting idea. Realistic wise, it was a great fear that me and many others had.

I was so into my journal that I missed my door opening and closing. It was only the sound of Jace's voice that pulled me away and made me turn to look at him. "Someone's deep in thought."

"Yeah, just got a lot in my brain I guess," I said with a small smile. I sat my pen down and watched Jace as he walked closer to me.

"Sorry if I bothered you," He said, his hands slipping into his pockets.

Shaking my head, I stood up and met him half-way, laying my hands on his chest. "No. Never," I state before leaning up and giving him a kiss. He kissed me back, seeming to wrap his arms around me and pull me closer to him.

This is one of the things I never could get tired of. Being with Jace, laying with Jace, being a part of Jace. It's crazy to think once I didn't know him, I didn't spend my days or nights with him. Now, he was my everything, and I was his.

My hands found their way to Jace's side, tracing our connection ruin for the hundredth time. His bare chest was exposed to me while I cuddled up next to him on my bed, keeping warm with the sheet's help.

Jace's body shifted slightly before he spoke again. "Do you ever think about the future?"

I tilted my head to look at Jace, slightly confused what his words meant. He caught sight of this an explained, "I mean, our future. Like, like marriage, or, or kids."

It was defiantly a sight to see, Jace Wayland, nervous of his own words. As much as it was intriguing to see, it was also kind of cute.

Laying my head back on Jace's chest, I returned to tracing his ruin while I spoke. "I mean, yeah, actually, a lot. I know, if things were different, I'd want to move in together, where no one else is. I defiantly wouldn't mine spending the rest of my life with you," I said, lightly poking his chest which made him chuckle softly.

Looking back up at Jace, "And I defiantly would want to have kids someday with you. Maybe, let's just get through some of the first steps first."

Jace smiled and nodded, "Agreed." He leaned down and gave me a kiss before moving his arms away from me. "I need to get going, Victor wants to see me in his office to "talk things over"."

Watching Jace get dressed, I commented, "Good luck."

"Yeah," he lightly scuffed. He slipped his shoes on before leaning down and kissing my exposed leg before leaving me.

The second Jace left my room, my mind was sucked back to my journal, and the words I wrote before creeping back in. For whatever reason, my words bothered me, made me worry about Luke and what was happening. I hadn't heard from him since mom died, and even then he barley said two words to me.

Deciding to address the feeling, I reached to my side table and grabbed my phone, calling Simon. Since he's changed, he's gotten closer and spent more time with Luke, meaning he might know something.

"Hello?"

"Simon, hey, it's Faith. Um, I was just wondering if you heard from Luke recently?"

There was a small pause, before Simon seemed to realize his answer, "Ah, actually, now that I think about it, no. Why? Do you think he's in danger or something?"