Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Faith's POV

Clary and I find ourselves sitting at Hunter's Moon bar, sipping some drinks while talking about old times. It was relaxing and fun.

"I miss this, some sister time," Clary said, smiling.

Nodding, I agreed, "Yeah, I do too. So, where's Simon?" I asked, surprised to see Clary without her boyfriend.

With a shrug, Clary said, "Probable with Luke. I swear, he hangs out with the wolves more than the vampires."

"Yeah, Luke tells me that he's been helping Simon out and in return Simon keeps an eye on the wolves. They seemed to be best buds now."

"I know you're not the biggest fan of Simon-"

I stopped Clary before she could finish her words, correcting her. "Clary, I like Simon, I do. He's just not my type of guy. Besides, your friends don't have to be my friends."

Clary nodded in agreement, mumbling, "True." She glanced down at her phone, checking the time. "We better get going if we're going to catch that movie."

I nodded in agreement, both of us grabbing our purses before heading out. I wrapped my arm in her's, both of us laughing as we exited the bar and headed down the sidewalk.

My feet come to a halt though, pulling Clary back and halting her as well. My eyes looked down the alleyway, "Hey, what is that?"

Clary and I drop our arms, cautiously heading down the alley way. What I thought might be a puddle of water was actually a puddle of blood and flesh. On the flesh revealed runes, meaning whoever it was, was a Shadowhunter.

"Oh my God," Clary said, causing both of us to pull out our blades.

We followed the blood and flesh, turning the corner and finding a man dead, his runes carved out of him.

Well, so much for that movie.

We called up some backup, doing a quick investigation before heading back to the Institute with the body.

"Shadowhunter down!" I yelled, grabbing Jace, Alec, and Izzy's attention.

"Milo Keytower," Clary said.

Izzy asked, "What happened?"

The voice of Imogen made us jump and turn to find her walking over to us, "From what I understand, his runes were carved out. Is that true?"

I nodded, "Yes, after he was attacked by a wolf it seems."

"He had multiple bite and claw marks," Clary clarified.

Izzy, confused, asked, "What kind of werewolf randomly attacks a Shadowhunter?"

"One who's trying to send a message," Alec said.

"And get the attention of the Clave," Imogen added.

Jace looked between all of us, "We need to find them before this happens again."

Imogen, shifting her weight, said, "Well, I think I have a pretty good idea who it is."

The thought that Luke or any of his wolves would do this was impossible in my mind. But, with everything that seems to go on, who knows anymore.

As much as I hated it Jace, and I decided we better talk to Luke, meeting him at the wolf hangout. To our surprise, Simon was sitting at the table with Luke, seeming to be deep in conversation.

We approached them, Luke looking up at us, "Well, this is a nice surprise."

"I'm afraid it's not so nice of a topic," I said, making Luke look at me confused.