Chapter 16

Faith's dress. 

Chapter 16

I don't know what I was expecting when Meliorn said he could help us find Valentine. But walking through a bright forest in the Seelies world wasn't one of them.

"Welcome to the Seelie Glade. The remotest edges of it," Meliorn said, leading Clary, Jace, and I.

"How did we get here?" I asked, confused. All we did was walk through a wall and boom we we're here.

Jace, who seemed to have more answers then Clary and I, spoke up. "There are entrances all through the mundane world."

"You just have to know where to look," Meliorn said with a small smirk as he looked back at us. He continued on ahead, but we stayed in sync with his steps.

"Why did we have to come here to find my father?" Clary asks, taking a few more steps to get closer to the Seelie.

Meliorn nodded to Clary's purple necklace that hung around her neck. Thanks to Jace for grabbing that and the card. "Because of your necklace. It's a Portal shard."

Jace sighed, clearly annoyed slightly, "Tell us something we don't know."

"How does it work?" Meliorn asked my sister, ignoring Jace's comment.

Clary's fingers lifted to touch the shard but stopped before she brushed it. "When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are."

Meliorn, walking backwards like he knew this world better then the back of his hand, looked at Jace. "I'm curious, Shadowhunter, who knows so much about Portals, did you never wonder why this Portal shard doesn't behave the way normal Portals do?"

Jace glanced at me before letting out a sigh. "Normal Portals can only take you to places you've been. I guess I never really thought about it."

"I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family," Meliorn said before turning back around and leading the way again. His comment made Jace growl slightly, causing me to slip my hand in his and calm him down. "Your Portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a Portal from another dimension."

"Another dimension?" I asked?

Jace joined my questionable moment. "You're saying there's a Portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?"

"If you can find the only Portal still standing in that dimension, it will take you to Valentine." He approaches a set of tree's, stopping and gesturing to them. "These trees are where the alternate dimensions intersect the Seelie realm."

Releasing my hand, Jace took a step, grabbing Meliorn's attention. "How is it possible that the Clave doesn't know about your dimensional doorways?"

The Seelie smirked, "They are our most guarded secret. We are their protectors. Only Seelies know of their existence."

"Then why are you telling us?" I asked, moving to stand next to Jace.