Chapter 11

Chapter 11

JACE'S POV

I couldn't stop my feet was rushing up the steps and through the door of the Fairchild home. Immediately, I was met with the same trashed home Faith and I had come across before when we came here.

Only that didn't matter to me.

Hearing movement, I followed the sound into Clary's room, finding Alec standing in the middle of it. The room was mostly burnt, barley anything salvageable unlike Faith's room which was just trashed.

Turning, Alec caught sight of me in the doorway with Izzy right behind me. I stormed up to Alec, anger in my voice. "Where is she? Where's Faith?" I asked, my worry on her.

"She's gone," Alec said, looking almost nervous to tell me. He should be. I told, made him promise me, that he'd keep her safe. And here she was, taken by an unknown sorce with Clary.

"What do you mean, gone?" I asked, my arms exstending from my side. How could they just dissaper from Alec? He was a great fighter, great soldier. He'd follow every mission to a T. Why was this one so difficult?

Sighing, Alec exsplained, "She, Clary, and Simon got arrested when I was securing the fire escape. I got distracted."

"The mundane was here?" I asked, my eyes going wide. This guy just doesn't give up. I'm fine with him sticking around for Clary's sake, but eventually he just gets in the way. He becomes a distraction for Clary which becomes a distraction for Faith which distracts me. It's a rolling snowball that won't stop.

Izzy spoke up, worry in her voice for the mundane, "Simon? He's gone, too?"

Shrugging in doubt, Alec said, "It was an unmarked car. I don't know where they took her."

"What did you do, Alec?" I asked. Before I could get an excuse or answer from him, I turned and pushed past Izzy. Immediately I headed into Faith's room, looking around the trashed room for something. Anything.

One of her many journals sat on her desk, the pages filled with words that made no sense to my knowledge. But to Faith, it was an opening to her mind, to her memories.

I swiped up the journal, racing out the back door of the home. Once the air hit my face, I had hoped it would calm me, relax my nerves. But it only seemed to raise them, worrying me even more.

Taking a few steps away from the back door, I wrapped my hands around her journal, closing my eyes as I tried to locate her.

I pictured her in my head, her brown hair that usually laid on her shoulders with a few curls at the bottom. Her piercing green eyes that made me think I was lost in a beautiful forest. Her full red lips that never seemed to grow chap. I had her imagine secured in my mind for all eternity, but even then her location grew unknown, bouncing all over the place.

Cursing, I lowered the journal, "Damn it. She's not showing up." I turned, looking at Izzy and Alec who stood in front of the back door. Izzy held Clary's bag in her hand while Alec stood, watching.

Nodding at Alec, I said, "I'm going to need your help." Alec hesitated for a minute before walking over. He looked at me blankly, causing my hands to roughly grab his and force them on Faith's journal. I watched until Alec's eyes closed before doing the same.

Nothing. I could feel Alec's mind somewhere off, pushing my mouth to speak. "Alec, concentrate." A few seconds passed again, Alec's mind never focusing on Faith.

My eyes flew open, looking at Alec desperately almost, "Alec!"

"I'm doing it. She's not showing up," Alec exclaimed, dropping his hands from the journal.