What a Week

Its been two weeks since the guys signed to Salem Records and boy has it been fun. The guys were able to practice in the studio as soon as Salem's employees got the bands stuff. They made great friends with Cinder right off the bat and she made time being in the studio fun. Salem would also come by and give the band some tips on technique about singing and about their instruments and they were really helpful.

There was a problem that was going to brew soon. The guys new that the anniversary of the death of (y/n)'s father was in two days. (Y/n) usually spent that day and the next few alone and the rest of the band let him cope. So they decided to have a meeting with Cinder and Salem about (y/n)'s upcoming date.

Salem:Hello boys, where's (y/n)?
Mj:Well, we're here to talk about (y/n).
Cinder:Is something wrong,should we be worried.
Bill: No, it's that he'll probably need the rest of the week alone.
Salem: And why is that?
Salem was actually pretty understanding once the band had told her his story. Salem had become like a mother to (Y/n) after being just a few weeks and Cinder was like a cooler older sister that everyone enjoyed. So the two and the band decided to let him cope and had practice without him.

Mj even told the band RWBY, even after the meeting with Ozpin it didn't stop their friendship with them. Well, the Band RWBY actually wanted to cheer him up but Mj and the rest kept saying no until they had to give because of Ruby's puppy eyes.

With RWBY

After they were able to get (y/n)'s address they planned a night of fun for the five of them. It was perfect, Ruby made cookies and other snacks,Yang got some movies for them to watch and Weiss got some CD's of classical music as a gift. The only thing left to do was get (y/n).

With (y/n) pov

I always hated this, I wish I could get over this feeling. I missed my father very much but, there's going to be a time where I need to move on. I felt like I just couldn't so I grabbed my mother's old violin and tuned it. During this week I used her music to calm me but I also became a total mess. My hair was always so trashy, I didn't pick up after myself and I'm pretty sure I left the door open a bit. But, I didn't care, I just wanted to be calm, I wanted to play the Sonata that the three of us enjoyed. "The Devils Sonata in G Minor" was my favorite because it's beauty and my dad liked it because it involved the devil. As silly as that may sound, he was in a black metal band known for their love for Satan.
My mother also played it with her orchestra so I had a copy to play along with, it was almost as I was playing along with her.
(Play song)
I began and started to get lost in the music. Little did I know a group of four girls were watching and listening. I didn't noticed because I had my eyes closed and was too far gone to care.

Third pov

Once the song was over (y/n) had tears in his eyes and heard the clapping of the other girls.
(Y/n) looked at them and noticed that they were also moved to tears.

Weiss: W-wow, That was amazing
Yang: Yeah you play really well!
Ruby: I CAN'T STOP CRYING!
Blake: Where did you learn to play like that?
(Y/n): My mother taught me, Wait,Why are you even here?
Yang: Your friends told us that you were gonna be all down in the dumps so we came to cheer you up!
(Y/n):Thanks but, no thanks...
Weiss:Why not?
(Y/n): I want to be alone.
Ruby:Nope!
(Y/n): What do you mean no! Leave me please!
Ruby:Nope, friends help friends and that's what we're gonna do!
(Y/n):God your so cheery it makes me sick.
Weiss:Yeah you get used to it.

(Y/n) let out a long sigh and put up his mother's violin. He knew they weren't going to leave so he decided to go along with them. He hated the idea of just hanging out right now but it's whatever.

(Y/n):First I need to go to the graveyard!
Yang:Are you going to visit him?
(Y/n): yeah let me just grab a beer real quick!
Ruby: Wait.That's illegal!
(Y/n): Don't worry it's not for me it's for my dad.

The group drive (y/n) to the graveyard to have a little time with his dad and left the beer on the tombstone. After he was done the girls were in party mode ready to cheer him up.
Yang: Alright let's start this off with A YANG!
(Y/n):UGH

The girls took him to Beacon records so they could hangout in their dorm. They watched The Thing and a version of (y/n)'s favorite movie Phantom Of the Opera. They played video games until yang had an idea.

Yang:Hey, (Y/n) we should do a song together!
Ruby:Yeah! That sounds like a great idea.
(Y/n):Maybe, it sounds like fun but how.
Blake:I'm pretty sure we could just cover a song that we could agree on.
Weiss: Yeah I agree this should be great!
(Y/n):I know a symphonic metal version of one of the Phantom of the Opera pieces!
Yang:Great let's get to work!

The group went into the studio and (y/n) showed them the song. They agreed on it and decided that Ruby and (y/n) will sing together.
(Y/n) was happy he was able to do this little activity, he felt a lot better than before and hoped the song would come out great.

The week passed and (y/n) was much better than before. He was ready to get back to practice and work on new music.
Thanks to the help from his bandmates and manager he was easily caught up to speed.

The band was working hard on their first album with Salem Records and in all honesty they all went through multiple emotions. They had everything ready: a new logo, cover art and 14 tracks filled with metal for the ears.