The Day Music Died

Three shots ring out and the crowd runs, security takes the man down and two bodies fall Mj and (y/n). The paramedics took them immediately and were followed by their loved ones.

Once at the hospital the two were sent to the E.R. and were put into surgery.
Their friends waited impatiently in the waiting room. Billy and Mike were comforting a sobbing Yang and Blake trying their best to calm them down. Then that's when Salem, Cinder, Ozpin and Glynda ran inside the waiting room asking questions about what happened.

About two hours pass when a doctor came in looking for the guys friends.

Doctor: Are you the family of Mark James and (Y/n) (L/n)?
Salem: WHERE ARE MY BABIES?!
Doctor:I have good news and bad news.
Salem:Is practically shaking the poor guy WHAT IS IT!?
Doctor:(Y/n) is well and asleep but, Mark, I'm sorry...He's dead. His bullet wounds damaged the heart greatly and lost so much blood on arrival.

All of them froze, Yang was crying harder than before. She had just lost her lover and everyone lost a friend. Suddenly cameras and lights rushed into the hospital and bombarded the group

Reporter: Any news on the Members who were hurt?!
Reporter 2:Are they even alive?

That pissed Salem off and she slapped the reporter who asked.
Salem:Mj, drummer of Without A Conscious, friend to all of us is dead...As for my son and frontman (y/n) is alive and resting. No further comments

Security came and forced the reporters out and everything was quiet. The doctor lead them to (y/n)'s room to which he had woken up.

(Y/n): H-Hey OOF-
Blake and Neo ran into the vocalist. They cried into his gown leaving it stained.

(Y/n): Where's Mj, is he alright?

The room was silent and Yang broke the news to him. (Y/n) was breaking down, he lost his friend that was always there, someone he could call brother. He tried sitting up but sat back down due to pain. Salem went to his side and he held onto her as the whole room was crying. They all wished this was just a nightmare but, they knew it wasn't.

Timeskip two weeks

(Y/n) locked himself at home and blocked everyone from him. He spent the week by crying wishing it was him than Mj who was killed. Unfortunately the media kept going to his house to ask questions but he never answered he never wanted to get up. He had to, tonight was his Rosary, this would be the first time (y/n) has seen anyone in two weeks. Salem and the other bands tried to cheer up him up but to no avail. (Y/n) took a shower, shaved his nasty facial hair and put on the nicest suit he had on.

He arrived and talked to Mj's parents and siblings. They all tried to put on a happy face but couldn't. Yang walked in with a long black dress and introduced herself to Mj's family.

Mj mom:Oh, who might you be young lady?
Yang:My name is Yang Xiao-long I am Mj's girlfriend

The mother went to hug her and cried in Yang's shoulder. The rosary started and (y/n) saw people he hasn't seen in years until he noticed a person holding a camera.
Not wanting to make a scene
(Y/n) quietly made his way to the reporter and grabbed the camera. The reporter was about to get up until he realizes who it was and say back down.

An hour passes and the rosary is done, and (y/n) wants to say one last face-to-face goodbye before the funeral tomorrow.

That morning was grey, ironically it was raining and tears stained everyone's faces. (Y/n) helped lower Mj into the ground and put a Dr.pepper on the tombstone, it was his favorite. People gave speeches then (y/n) had a turn.

(Y/n): Mj...he was my brother, all through my high school life he gave me happiness, joy and many other feelings. He helped me create our band and helped us go to the top. I know that he would get on our assess for crying and not having fun. But I just can't bring myself to it tears start to form I lost my brother to a drunken man throwing a fit, how can I be happy knowing that this is what life is?

He wanted to say more but couldn't and sat down. The priest finished the scripture and the coffin lowered.  (Y/n) couldn't stay anymore and went home, little did he know a certain blonde followed him.
As (y/n) went inside yang made her presence known and the two talked about Mj. (Y/n) shared stories about the two in school and the start of the band. The two were happy, a feeling they really needed right now. After relaxing (y/n) asked Yang a serious question.

(Y/n):Yang, how would you like to be the drummer of Rwby and Without A Conscious?