Chapter seven: break ups

*three days after Halloween*

I text my group chat with Wara and Dayton.

Dayton is an annoying prick. He's a real piece of work. He's a skinny tall asian with a mushroom haircut. He makes fun of people for the most stupid things. But he is also the most trustworthy person. Literally everyone goes to him whenever they have drama or just a secret. Oh and also i think he is secretly a girl and is gay. Although he dated a girl named Katherine but their relationship was very stale and their relationship ended on a really bad note so they avoid each other at all costs now.

Me: hello idiots

Wara: hey boii

Dayton: eyyyy, y'all wanna play PUBG?

Me: i don't mind, i just need to talk to y'all about something

Wara: nope, can we just facetime.

Me and Dayton: sure.

- incoming call from Instagram group chat 'tea eggs' -

"Guys, i need your help with something." I say once all of us had joined the call.

"Why? What happened?" Dayton replies.

"I'm gonna breakup with Dallas. Well, we're not really a thing but I wanna reject him before he asks me out or something." I explain

"WHAT! But you guys are so cute though." Wara says clearly shocked at the news.

"Are you gonna do it in person or on text?" Dayton asks.

"On text. It's so much easier."

"Oof. Feelsbadman." Dayton replies.

"The reason why i am calling y'all is i need to come up with a break up text and i need your help."

"Alrighty, lets do this." Dayton replies.

After a three hour call and many drafts of a break up text, we finally came up with one.

Me to Dallas: Dallas. Ive been feeling a lot of pressure lately... i know I've been giving you mixed signals and its really really messed up but thats because i don't really know where i stand right now. I don't think i am ready for a committed relationship yet... you've been really sweet and caring for me and i'm really sorry i can't reciprocate that. You're a really good guy and i'm sure you can find someone better than me.

Dallas: well crap. That came out of no where, uhh chief give me some time to think of a response.

Dallas: first of all, let me say that my hands are literally shaking as i'm writing this, reminds me of the first time i tried to ask you out lol. I understand where youre coming from although it kinda hurts, I'd rather this than a relationship like what happened between Dayton and Katherine. You say I've been sweet and i don't think i deserve that kind of compliment, i can't even initiate conversations with you at school. You say i could find better than you but i honestly can't think of a girl more beautiful right now. Ive been feeling pretty down lately coz of something that happened to a close friend and you were keeping me together and stopping me from breaking down into a hot mess. Finally, don't be sorry, none if this was your fault and although this isn't exactly my best day, ill get over it, so don't worry about me. I hope that this wont stop us from having a good friendship though, and i'm sorry for all the times my friends harassed you.

Dallas: thanks for being the light at the end of my tunnel, Crystal

After getting the message i instantly text the group chat.

Me: *sends screenshots of the messages from Dallas*

Dayton: WARA!!!! IT WENT DOWN. My butthole is so clenched.

Me: i feel so bad.

Dayton: you had to do what you had to do.

Me: he said he's going through something with one of his friends and then i hit him with this text like i feel so bad.

Dayton: i wonder what happened to the friend and who it is.

Around ten minutes later i get a call from Dayton.

I pick up the call and he's crying. I have never seen Dayton cry ever in my life. He's normally care free and happy and seeing him like this worries me.

"I know what happened to his friend and who it is." Dayton says sniffling.

"You don't have to tell me. I dont think you should tell me. I dont think It's really any of my business." I say. I don't know what it is about but it has to be pretty serious. Seeing Dayton like that.

"Dallas' best friend, Bradley, he's in hospital b-b-because... because... he tried to kill himself. He's in mental ward right now." Dayton said, still crying.

I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. Bradley was in my class last year and i spoke to him every now and then. But hearing this information breaks my heart. I start crying.

"Is he okay now?" Is the only thing i can think of saying right now.

"I don't know." Dayton replies.

"Omg, is Dallas okay. He must be feeling really crap at the moment." I say.

"You should text him."

Me: are you okay?

Dallas: i guess... like it sucks nearly losing someone you care about. He's the only person i can make history jokes with and he makes me look for classes, well, the ones i have with him. And i feel like trash right now because I could've been there for him and I could've stopped him but I wasn't. What kind of friend am i.

I honestly don't know how to reply.