Chapter nine: progress

Fast forward past school and all that boring stuff. To sum it up, every afternoon, i would be in front of A block waiting for Dallas' group to leave and having chats with Alex. Lunchtimes would be me wanting to kill Dayton because he's making fun of something that i have done that day and stupid stuff like that. Class times would be me talking to Ryder and looking at memes with him. That's basically a summary of what happened at school.

Now it's the Christmas holidays, and i need a job. I have never had a job before but i use a lot of money and i feel bad for using my parents money. My parents don't want me to get a job but they are gonna have to deal with it if i get one. So i search for a bunch of jobs and apply to most of them. I apply for dominos and three hours later they called me in for an interview. When i got the call i was really excited and nervous that i texted most of my friends, Wara, Gabrielle, Violet and Dallas. To be honest i don't know why i texted Dallas but i texted him anyway because whatever.

Dallas: omg, i'm near that shop. Ill visit you when you finish with your interview.

Me: NO don't you friken dare

Dallas: try me

Great. If he comes its gonna make my life so much worse. I get ready for my interview and leave the house to get there early because they would think i'm a good person if i come early right?

The interview goes terribly. It was all a blur but i know i was a nervous wreck and probably didnt get the job but you know what i don't really care and my parents would kill me if i got a job behind their back so even if i do get the job I would have to reject it.

Just as i finish my interview, Daffa walks into the store.

"Hey Dallas!"

"Yooo how was the interview?" He asks as we both walk out of the store.

"Terrible." I groan

"Aww it'll be okay." And hugs me. I am surprised by the hug but i give in and just hug him back. I feel like i'm starting to like him.

"Can we go get ice cream? There's a seven eleven down the road, ill pay." I say walking towards the seven eleven not even waiting for his response.

"Sure." He says catching up to me.

Once we get to the seven eleven, we get our ice cream and as promised i paid for them. We then proceeded to walk to a close park and sat on the bench eating our ice cream. When we sat down, i leant my head on his shoulder and then he wrapped his arm around me. We sit there in comfortable silence for a few minutes. I honestly don't know why i put my head on his shoulders. I think it was because the interview made me feel so bad that i just needed someone to comfort me and that someone was Dallas.

After 30 minutes of cuddling with him on the bench at the park. We decide its time to go home, we both start walking to my house and as usual, he walks me right to the front of my house. We hug and say goodbye to each other.

What a weird start to my Christmas holidays. I would've never thought i would be hanging out with Dallas out of all people. I feel like i have a crush on Dallas now.

...

Two days later from the job interview, i get a text from Dallas.

Dallas: are you free tomorrow?

Me: yeah. Why?

Dallas: wanna go watch Spider-Man: into the spiderverse tomorrow?

Me: yeah sure.

...

Tomorrow came and i'm getting ready for the movies with Dallas. I wear a green shirt with a black skirt and grey boots. I arrive at the cinemas on time and guess what, he was 5 minutes late. Like what is with this guy being 5 minutes late like dude. Fix your goddamn watch. We go in and buy our tickets. We proceed to walk into the cinemas and find a seat. We start up some small talk which is a bit awkward not gonna lie but we got through it.

The movie is amazing. Marvel definitely does not disappoint. When the movie finishes, we both go to an empty park and sit on a bench. We really like to sit on benches for some reason. And like the interview day i put my head on his shoulder and he puts his arm around me. It's a really comfortable position. His body is like always warm so its so nice hugging him. After 2 hours of sitting there talking and laughing. We both decide that its time to go home. As usual he walks me to my door.

"Hey, i know our relationship didn't start off on the right foot but i was wondering if you wanted to be you know.. girlfriend and boyfriend?" He asks me.

"Sure." Is the only word I could think of.

"I love you." He says out of no where. It catches me off guard.

"Eh. My brother is waiting for me to play PUBG with him. I've got to go." Is the only excuse I could come up with at the moment. I walk into my house and wave him goodbye.