Chapter eight: the friendship and afternoons

After me rejecting Dallas, the awkward tension between us is gone and we finally speak to each other like normal people and he is now his normal lunatic self around me. Not a calm and awkward guy. Every now and then we would talk about gaming and pewdiepie or even the most random things ever. Most of our chats are about memes which is pretty funny. I honestly have mixed feeling about him. I don't really know if i like him or not. Right now i don't really like anyone anymore. I've gotten over Ryder. To be honest i got over him when the Halloween movie night happened. I realised that nothing will ever happen with Ryder.

Every afternoon after school i just hang out at school, to wait for Dallas' friend group to walk home first and then i walk home after so i don't get bullied by them and don't have to bump into Dallas. They always leave school at around 3:10 so i always leave school at 3:15. I sit in the A block courtyard and go on my phone just waiting for the time to pass. When suddenly some one taps me on the shoulder.

"Yo, what are you doing here?" Alex says while we do our handshake.

"Nothing much. Just waiting for the time to pass." I say while he takes my hat and puts it on his head.

"What class did you just have?" He asks

"English, its so freaking boring. I hate it." I say.

"Really? I just had maths. It's so hard." He says

"Wow. Maths is like the easiest subject ever! What are you talking about."

With us bantering about which subject is the best and the easiest, he had to go home 10 minutes later. I check the time and its 3:10, they should be gone by now but i'm gonna stay for 5 more minutes to make sure.

I get home at around 3:40 and i get a text from Dallas.

Dallas: Bruh I felt so white today. I got Starbucks lmao.

Me: wow. Basic

Dallas: I know right! I even named myself nick

Me: wow. Fake human being. Starbucks always gets my name wrong man.

Dallas: bruh same. That's why i just use a basic white name every time i go there because it makes the process go so much easier.

me: you should've used Sam or Harry or David.

Dallas: bruh i talked to this white girl while i was waiting and we ordered the drink!

Me: wow socialising over Starbucks. You could not be anymore white.

Dallas: bruhhh. I felt so white. Like i felt accepted by the white people.

Me: don't get consumed by the white people they are a threat to the Asians.

Yeah. After rejecting him we have been having the most random conversations ever but i kinda like it weird because its not like the boring 'how was you day' kinda thing. We have a different topic to talk about every time and its always so random. I'm kinda glad that i rejected him because if i didn't, I would've never seen this side of him. The playful non awkward side. And i'm starting to kinda like him.