Parasite/First Taste of Combat

It took quite awhile to find myself in the area Ignis told me about. Perhaps the jet lag was affecting me, as despite the clear indication of night, my body felt spry in morning energy. Heh, it's a wonder how my body is able to adapt to such sudden changes.

Madman's Cafe? It definitely was American inspired. I knew enough about pre-SG history to know of such an establishment. It's style was...how they say, 'retro'. And thankfully I knew enough English to read the large letters above the brightly lit interior.

Inside was a few waitresses nearing the end of their shift, considerably upbeat given their situation. Perhaps a requirement? While that may be true, there was enough people to ask around about possible Skullgirl sightings.

Percival seemed to tug a little at the other person; a young schoolgirl all alone. Funny...that is cause for concern. Either she is given permission or is neglected? Hm.

"Oui. It is odd for a young one to be here, Percival," I decided to keep it in mind as I entered with the signal of the chime announcing my presence.

Looking closer towards the schoolgirl, I did notice a slightly concerning aspect; her skirt was incredibly short for her age. This must have been an older outfit, when she actually fit it. Another odd sign.

Better keep myself composed, as I am not blinded by simple lust. Not like the gentleman hanging around the darker skinned woman across the counter.

"Whatcha' need?" A Waitress told me, chewing gum.

Sitting down, I smiled politely.

"Madame. I will be frank. Do...you have any knowledge about...a Skullheart?"

"..." She blinked and sighed. "Look, buddy. That shit is dealt by the Egrets...ask them, and they might help,"

"...erm, okay. Where might I find the Egrets? I am new to this town-" I would've continued but something happened next to me.

That 'gentleman' was trying to impose himself on the schoolgirl. Now, normally this wouldn't be of bother to me, but I assumed he was with the other one. And, this one was considerably younger; a taboo in my country. And I also assume such a taboo applies here.

"Well, well, well...how about I get you a real drink sister," What gall he has! Even grabbing her?

"Erm, monsieur. I would ask you not to enact such grievances towards the young lady," I spoke up, keeping my wits about me. As a Chess Knight, I must remain composed in the face of scum like him. "Perhaps a show of good faith towards her?"

"Show? Kid, scram. Why would I be so irresponsible as to let this bird not have a nice night?" Now he was overstepping his boundaries even further, his hand on the schoolgirl's rear, exposing some flesh.

I stood up, Percival already convincing me of my duty. My sword appeared, a shining ray of feathery light creating a straight blade curved near the end in a seax-like design. Most of it was modeled after Templar imagery, and general holy knights. A testament to Chess Knights of our kingdom.

"Kindly step away, and retract those hands, good sir," I remained composed in speech. I heard guns cock behind me. I guess there were cronies around us, his colleagues willing to allow for such appalling behavior.

"Uh? You dumb? Do you know where you are, French Fry? This is New Meridian. So take that pointy stick there, make like your country, and scram,"

"Hmph. One war where we decided to surrender, it suddenly is our identity. My country was France, of course. But they won more wars than you can imagine," A bellowing growl was forming. But from what exactly? From Percival, I could tell it wasn't the men...but the girl.