Lab 8 & The Skullgirl's Attack

"I can't believe this...with how much we've been set back, I'll be surprised if there even is a town to take," Vitale grimaced a bit, looking towards the destruction befalling the town from their tower.

"It would be advisable to evacuate," Another one, a woman donning a mask from most masquerade parties, silently reloading the gun on her own arm. "Unless somebody objects..?"

She was referencing the fact that their boss, Lorenzo was simply looking towards the window, simply having the chair hide his pitiful frame. As his father, Vitale knew he looked far worse these days. Without the Life Gem, he is no longer the same cool cat on the streets of New Meridian. He was simply a decrepit old man, barely hanging on to what little life he had in him.

"...Tch...I have no other options...Black Dahlia...you can send those two up,"

"What? Those strangers? That doesn't seem like a smart decision-"

"QUIET!! I already spent too long waiting for your showgirl to deliver the Life Gem...*cough* *wheeze*...it's time for desperate measures," He turned around, barely even able to breath properly.

It had been that way, with the news of Marcus' child being alive and being a Host to a parasite adding enough on Lorenzo's mind. He lived long enough to consider how that might play into his grand plan. He needed to take more risks if his legacy was to be assured. The Egrets were obviously trying to see what became of him since he left the limelight.

Thoughts like these swam around as Black Dahlia brought two people back. They were originally just nuisances that the Mafia had gained intel on around Rommelgrad, one of their premier slave trade hubs.

One was a man, relatively in his 30s of Asian descent. He looked awfully similar to Last Hope operatives...but Lorenzo's eyes were on his partner. A child in fact. There was a cloak concealing her appearance, but her appendages were obvious. The wires were trailing most of her hands, almost like veins that would normally exist within her flesh. Not that there was much, in Lorenzo's opinion.

"The hell is wrong with that kid?" There was a slight exhale from the man, clearly offended by that question.

"...birth defects. I fixed her up as best I could. Although, Mr. Medici, that isn't why you called me up here, is it," The man spoke up. Vitale took a moment to look more closely at the child's face, despite being covered in cloth.

The opening made him realize how cybernetically enhanced this girl was. An ASG? No, not even they would be so sloppy. For a moment, the girl looked over towards Vitale. Her eye was cloudy, with many slivers of metal embedded around her brow and forehead. Patches of hair existed as well, although most was shaved off to make room. Or...maybe removed entire pockets of flesh..?

Birth defects were common in some environments. But this girl was something else.

"Hmph. I heard the offer you made me. Of how to fix...this," He pointed to his own aged face. "Discretion is absolute,"

"Of course. But in return, I want to have the cell tower back in Canopolis,"

"The cell tower? Tch, fine,"

"Are you sure? That place is hard to come by, has a bunch of old world tech our boys are just beginning to comprehend-"

"It's a fucking museum Vitale! If he wants to have a pet project bringing back the past, so be it. But the operation better be pretty damn good!"

"I assure you, my Father is one of the best..." That stunned the group. She could speak. Continuing, the crippled girl took something out of a compartment beneath her cloak. "This might help ease the process,"