Chapter Four

The girl sat at the table and swayed her head back and forth. She looked outside the window of the modest cafe and watched as traffic passed by. She diverted her chocolate swirls from the traffic jam and looked at the menu in front of her. As she tried to ease her mind she subconsciously tapped her foot against the white tile below her. The woman let out a sigh and placed a hand on her rosy cheek as she pressed the home button to her phone. The time was 12:30 and her and Deku had agreed to 12 on the dot. While Ochaco was restless because she though maybe the man had forgotten about their meetup, but then she remembered Deku and how he'd never do that. Then the girl's restlessness was replaced with a worry, the entire time she had known the man he was always on time and seemed to be on top of everything. She though have many terrible things that could have happened to her awkward friend when a low ding sounded from the door. Ochaco's small hands dropped the colorful menu and she looked at the source. Her eyes focused on the brass bell as it tenderly swayed back and forth, then she noticed a bush of green. The woman's spirits instantly skyrocketed, as Midoryia turned the corner. He was wearing a simple green t-shirt and casual jeans. Nothing about his appearance stuck out like usual, but two things did catch her eye. The worn, fading red sneakers on his feet that he had since they went to school together, and his face. Deku had always been rather plain to Ochaco at first, but now he didn't seem the same. The childish freckles still rested on his cheeks and his eyes were as bright as ever, but now he seemed different. His cheeks didn't hold the same baby fat and he was battered. Izuku had a single bandage above his right eyebrow and a shiner on his left eye. Ochaco then realized his nose seemed to be pointed to the left a few more degrees than the last time she had seen him."Sorry for being late."

"D-Deku,w-what happened ?"

Izuku sheepishly rubbed his hand though his thick set of hair and let out a laugh."I uhh, fell down the stairs the other day."Over the years the Deku had learned how to lie, because of his past-time and right now he wished he had come up with something better.

Uraraka's voice was laced with concern."If you aren't feelin' okay we could just cancel."

Deku let out a sigh of relief and then threw his hands up apologetically."No, no, no-I wanted to be here. We haven't seen each other in a long time and I think It'd be good for us to catch up."

"Are you sure ?You look kinda rough."

"Y-Yeah I'm good."

Ochaco smiles and picked up her menu."So what have ya been up to since middle school."

Izuku cringed at the question, he wasn't exactly proud of his life. Being a photographer didn't exactly match up to her pro hero status."I-I'm a photographer right now."

"Wow, that's amazing!"Her voice was only filled with admiration."If you don't mind me asking, what do ya take photos of?"

Izuku gulped at the question and shyly smiled at her."I do mostly stuff for heroes, but my usual is...S-Spider-Man."

Ochaco giggled at him."I probably should've figured that."This caused a light blush of embarrassment to spread across Deku's freckled face. Uraraka then asked another question."How do you get photos of him ?"

Midoryia wasn't sure what to say, he had never been asked that."Uhh, I just have a way of finding him-I guess."

"What do you think about him ?"

"Huh ?"

"Well you take photos of him, so you have seen him in action a lot, right?"

Deku shrugged his broad shoulders."I think the guy means well, but he's kinda a mess."

Ochaco stifled her laugh."You talk like y'all know each other."

The messy-haired man let out an awkward laugh and began to run his fingers through his curls."W-Why do you want to know about him ?"