Chapter Five

Izuku sat on the room with a goof grin and opened the leather satchel behind him. The man slowly pulled out a firmly wrapped sandwich and carefully unfolded the paper. The man bit into the food and groaned in pleasure as the flavor flooded his taste buds, but his pleasure quickly came to an end. A shriek of sirens caught his attention and he dropped his sandwich. The watched in horror as it fell and hung his head low as it hit a man on the head."Sorry !", shouted Deku as he looked down at the man and waved. Midoryia then grabbed his mask laying behind him and pulled it over his freckled face. The man then leaped off the roof and grinned as he felt the wind zip past his costume.

.....

The man stood on the edge of a building and looked at the roaring flames across from him. The large, burning apartment sent flames into the city's clear sky and the man watched as firefighters helped smut covered families out of the dangerous building.

Izuku shifted his focus from the building and two his wrist. The man pulled up his sleeves and played with his webshooters. On the man's left hand rested his most recent generation, and on the left was his original. When Deku scrambled through his closet and could only find his prototypes from middle school, a little bit of him died inside, but he hadn't had time to repair his good contraption that had malfunctioned mere days ago.

The man opened up the gadgets and pulled his top up a few inches. The man then picked up a few small, silver capsules and slid them into his webshooters."Mom always said it's better to be safe than sorry."

.....

The glass shattered as the man flew through the window, and Izuku rolled on the ground. The man rolled to his feet and patted his spandex down."Ow, Hot, Hot." The hero looked up and squinted as he tried to peer through thick cloud of smoke. The man cupped his hands around his mouth and called out,"Anyone up here ?"

There was no answer to the question.

Midoryia let out a cough as the smoke began to seep into his mask. The man then took a light step and felt the wooden board below his feet bend from the weight.'Be careful.' 

.....

Izuku kicked down a door and looked into the room. The place was empty, but Deku still stepped into the room. The man walked past a small bed and looked at a closet. He placed one of his gloved hands around the department's wooden handle and slowly opened it.

Inside of a small boy with a stuffed Lemillion toy. The buildings flames had burnt a few edges of the fluffy item, and there was even a burn mark on the child's left cheek. The small boy looked up at Izuku and let out a yelp of fear. Deku quickly threw his hands into the air and softly muttered,"Hey, Hey, Hey, I'm one of the good guys."

"Really ?", squeaked the terrified boy.

"Yeah, I'm here to-" The man was interrupted by a tingle in his head and part of the floor above him caving in. Izuku jumped back and watched as the fiery rubble caused the floor holding up the boy to cave in. The hero leaped off and in pursuit of the boy. 

Deku grabbed a hold of the boy by the back of his far too big t-shirt and reached his left hand to the roof and pressed down on his webshooters. The handy gadget sputtered and a puff of white dust came out.'Oh no.' The man reacted to the worst possible case scenario by wrapping his body around the boy and bracing for impact. Izuku closed his eyes as he expected his back to ache when he hit the ground but they landed softly, and soon a strange squishy sound accompanied it. The man slowly opened his eyes and was in shock to see a bubble engulfing him and the child.

"Is this your quirk ?"

"Uh huh, it's kinda lame."

"Lame, it just saved me from my spine being rearranged." Izuku released the boy and seconds later the bubble popped. Deku then picked up the child and set him down as they came to the door. As the child began to walk out Izuku was sent flying by a large table.

.....

"Gah, what was that for ?", groaned Izuku and he scattered the broken table off of his body.

"Who are you; you're not Lemillion !"

Midoryia shook his head as he sat up."That's the second time I've heard that today." 

A burst of flames was sent barreling towards Spider-Man. The hero leaped over the attack and stuck to the wall."So you're the pyromaniac that did this."

"Pyromaniac !" The muscular man below Izuku then pointed his open hands at the hero and sent another blast at the hero. Deku dropped off the ceiling and shot a clump of webs onto the man's dirty face.

"Would you perfect something else ?" The hero then punched the villain in the gut."Oh I got it, blazer." The villain fell onto the ground and Izuku tapped his chin as he thought,"No, that's bad. Ooh, what about flames or or, get this...the human blow torch." Deku spread his hands in the air as he poked fun at the man.

The man on the ground let out a furious yell and the hair on his head caught on fire. The villain then brunt the webbing off his face and lunged at Izuku. Deku put  jumped over the man and put his hand on the fiery villains back. Midoryia shoved him back onto the ground but also winced as he felt his hand burn. Spider-Man shook his hand around in the air in pain and asked,"Does your whole body heat up ? Cause if so that's really inconvenient."

The man on the ground let out another frustrated yell and lit his entire body on fire."I'm going to fry you !" The man then turned around and threw an aggressive right hand at Izuku. The hero dogged the punch and every combination that followed it. Deku countered the many punches by punching the man in the face. Izuku typically held back,  but this guy was quite dangerous so he decided to ramp it up. The flaming man fell onto the ground unconscious, but before Izuku could pick him up, a muscular man tackled him through a wall and into an alley.