Chapter Nineteen

Hideki sat at his desk and marveled at the two tubes he held in his hand. He raised the smaller one filled with a bubbly, clear substance and watched as each bubble seemed to glisten as the light hit them. The man began to smile and let out a hysterical laugh as he looked at it. He had not felt this happy in years, and nothing could ruin his high. He had exactly what he needed to end what had been the thorn in his side for years, but this was only half of the puzzle. The business man placed the concoction back on his table and picked up the other glass cylinder. The man looked at this one with much more awe as it sent a feeling of gratification through him.

.....

Izuku sat at the round table and played with his rice. The twenty year old's eyes shot up and looked at the frail man sitting across from him. The man's blue sunken eyes would be described by most as disturbing, and his frail frame made it seem as he didn't receive proper nutrition, but no-one would utter a word to him because he was Yagi Toshinori and no-one would talk to the retired hero in such a manner.

Inko looked at Izuku and then at the man sitting next to her, she was not quite sure about what to say. Yagi cleared his throat and said,"Midoryia, your mother speaks highly of you."

Izuku raised an eyebrow,"She does ?"

"Yes, she mentioned you work for the paper."

Deku laughed,"That's highly of me ?"

"There is nothing wrong with an honest job."

"Right."

Inko rolled her eyes,"Don't mind him, he is just a little sensitive because he is living with his Mommy right now."

Toshinori let out a laugh and held a napkin to his mouth as blood splattered from his mouth. An awkward silence then enveloped the house as the group had not been able to find a subject to touch on. All Might's eyes popped up from his plate and he looked at the muted television. He watched as the news detailed the recent spike in crime."It is a shame; what is going on in the city."

Deku turned around and looked at the t.v. and felt a tinge of guilt for leaving behind Spider-Man."Yeah, it is."

"What do you think it is about Yagi," asked Inko.

The man's lips pursed in a straight line as he though."There are many factors, but I think there is a big one people aren't considering." The man then stared Izuku in the eyes as he said,"I think Spider-Man disappearing is playing a big role."

Deku choked on his rice,"Spider-Man ?"

Inko rolled her eyes and laughed,"Oh no, don't get this man started on that rascal."

Toshinori chuckled,"You say it like I'm a fanboy or something."

Izuku looked at the man and asked,"Y-You didn't hate the guy ?"

"Of course not ! I could never loathe a man for trying to make this city a better place."

"Huh."

"Is that surprising ?", chuckled Yagi.

"Yeah it is, I use to take photos of him for the paper and I never met many people that though well of him."

"I had a few run ins with the hero years ago."

"Really," gasped Inko.

All Might nodded his head and his long blond hair began to bounce with it."The first few did not go so well, but he always seemed to be around to lend a helping hand despite what people said. Hell, if it wasn't for him than I think young Uraraka might have died."

Izuku instantly knew of the day the man spoke of. The attack on the U.S.J. building was the first time he played with death. He left that place half-alive and with more broken than he could count.

"That was when I realized he was a hero, and not the man the media made him out to be. After that day I even had a conversation with the boy and made an offer, but he refused it, which to this day I still can't understand."

Izuku thought back to the night All Might spoke of. The man gave him an offer that should have been irrefutable, admission into U.A., but Izuku passed on it. Deku knew what it could have done for him, but then he wouldn't be allowed to be Spider-Man anymore. His long nights saving people would have came to an end, and back then Deku loved nothing more than his masked persona.

.....

Yagi stood at the door and gave Inko a kiss on the cheek before turning to Izuku. The man gave Deku a wide, toothy smile and pulled him into a hug. Izuku let out a shocked gasp before cautiously wrapping his arms around the man. Yagi rested his chin on Deku's shoulder and whispered into the man's ear."I'm sorry for what I said to you all those years ago- I was wrong." Deku's face went pale."This city needs you Izuku, whether they know it or not." The man then backed away from Deku and gave Izuku a smirk before walking out with his jacket pulled tight around his small frame.