Chapter Twelve

Izuku laid in his bed and covered his face with his hands. His head throbbed and his entire body ached. The man slid his hands from his face and looked up at the ceiling. His room was pitch black and there wasn't a single sign of light, until his phone flickered. A soft ring emitted from his phone and he groaned as he slowly rolled over and reached for the device.

Deku looked down at the screen and furrowed his brow when he saw the name. Ochaco ? Izuku cleared his throat to make sure he didn't sound groggy and clicked the answer button.

.....

The tall man stood on the opposing roof to Izuku's apartment and watched closely as the man picked up the phone. Kraven had been stalking the man for the past few nights, and he was mildly disappointed in Midoryia. He expected much more from the hero, and the mess of a man that was Izuku Midoryia surprised him. But at the same time the hunter felt appreciation towards Deku for what he did, despite the many reasons not to. He watched as Izuku's boss yelled at him for being late, he watched as Izuku struggled to get by, and he watched as he tried his best to keep the cities streets clean, all of those factor made Izuku a respectable man in Kraven's eyes and someone worthy of being made his prey.

.....

"Hey, what's up ?", asked Midoryia as he placed the phone to his ear.

At first all Izuku heard was a sniffle from the woman on the other side of the call."H-Hey Deku," quietly uttered the woman. Uraraka then bit her lip as she asked,"A-Ar-Are ya doin' anythin' ?"

"It's almost midnight, why would I be doing anything ?"

Ochaco let out an exhale and forced out a laugh,"Dumb question." The woman then began to frown,"Co-Could you comeover ?"

"Isn't it kinda late for that ?"

"Maybe...I don't know," sighed Ochaco."I-It's just I really need to talk with someone right now."

"If something happened you can tell me right now."

"I-I know Deku, but...it is somethin' I need to say face to face; I don't think talking over the phone will help me."

Izuku sat on the edge of his bed and slipped his feet into his worn hightops."I'll be over there in a minute sit tight."

"Thank ya, this means a lot."

"Hey, we promised each other we'd always be there for the other, so I'm just holding up my end of the bargain."

.....

The man walked down the tunnel and pressed the button at the end of the hallway. The door in front of him slowly opened and Hideki anxiously tapped his foot against the floor. The man could feel how close he was to his life's work, even after the setback years ago. Yuirui scratched his nose as he walked into the vast laboratory.  The large room was cold and quiet, except for the sounds of machinery and the lighting quick typing of a keyboard. The lighting was dim, but bright enough to allow Hideki to traverse the lab.

Hideki approached a man sitting at a desk and placed his hands on the man's shoulders."How is it coming along ?"

"It is almost complete."

"Wonderful," smiled Yuirui. The man then tucked his hands into his black slacks and walked towards the small mechanism that synthesized a blue solution."Do you know what this will do for the world ?"

"N-No sir," answered the worker as he pushed up on his spectacles.

"The applications of this serum is unmatched, and would have been completed if it wasn't for that accident at Tungsten Labs. People called me crazy for thinking infusing All Might's blood with that of a genetically mutated Spider, but look at that damn fool Spider-Man. His abilities are spectacular !"  The business man standing up then began to pace around on the cold metallic floor and asked,"Did you ever find a match on the DNA ?"

"Not exactly, but it was closely related to one man."

Hideki turned around and raised a curious eyebrow."And who might that be ?"

"His name was Izuku Midoryia, but I wouldn't put much thought into it."

.....

Izuku stood in the hallway and looked around before knocking on Ochaco's door. The man's green eyes rested on the carpeted floor until the door in front of him swung open. Deku looked up from the bland floor and saw Ochaco. His heart stopped at the way she looked. Her typical vibrant glow was gone, and her eyes were red as if she had been crying for the past few hours. The woman wrapped her arms around Midoryia and buried her head into his chest."Thank you," Cried the woman as she began to bawl.  

Izuku unsurely placed one of his hands on the back of her head and walked them into the apartment. Midoryia was not ready for what was going to unfold that night.