Chapter Ten

Izuku stood on the roof of the building and closed his eyes. The man took a deep breath as the shinning moon illuminated on him and dove off of the building. Deku grinned and stuck out his right hand. Web swinging was his sanctuary, a place for him to escape the daily struggles of his life and just live in the moment. Spider-Man let out a happy yell as he swayed feet above the speeding cars below him. Midoryia loved the thwip of his webs and the feeling of the air rushing past his spandex.

Deku ran along the side of a building, unit he felt a tingle in the back of his head. Izuku cocked a suspicious eyebrow under his bright red mask and flipped off the glassy surface. As he flew in the air he spotted the reflection of a man in a window.

Deku zipped to the same building, but a few higher and watched as the stranger stuck to the building. How is he-. The hero's train of thought was interrupted as the dark clad man looked up at Izuku and lunged."Whoa !", shouted Izuku as he jumped even higher up the building."What did I do to you ?" The lunatic below Deku did not respond and instead began to crawl up the building."Okay, you're crazy."

.....

Izuku pulled himself to the roof of the building and jumped to the center of it. The man chasing him leaped into the air and plunged two long swords into the concrete rooftop."You've got swords too, that's not even fair !"

The swordsman looked up and stared down Spider-Man. The psychopath then pulled his weapons from the ground raised them towards Deku."Oh no," was all Midoryia could mutter before the man made a move on him. 

Midoryia flipped away from a slash and stuck to a metal structure. The vigilante then shot a furry of webs at the man, but each one was slashed in half with perfect precision."So I see you know how to use those pointy toys of yours." 

"Shut up !", suggested the man across from Deku.

"You can talk ! That's going to make this much less boring." Izuku then broke out into a sprint towards the man. The killer swung his two blades at the same time for Midoryia's neck, but the hero slid along the ground and under the man's legs. As Izuku passed under him he grabbed a hold of the man's silky attire and pulled him to the ground. Swords clanged along the roof as the man fell, but almost instantaneously Deku was kicked.

Izuku gasped for air at the strike sent to his stomach, and felt the odd person on top of him. The man pulled a blade from his hip and brought it over his head. He followed up the raising of  the knife by trying to jam it into Spider-Man's chest. Izuku caught the blade, but the tip cut the black spider emblem in the middle of his chest. The knife drew blood as Deku knocked it out of the man's hands. 

The blade tumbled along the ground and the crazy man sitting on Izuku's stomach began to chase after it."Oh no you don't !", grunted Izuku as he shot a web onto the man's boot. Deku then gave it a tug and threw the man off the building."Oops !" Izuku scrambled to his feet and jumped off the building after the man.

Izuku grabbed the man and shot a web onto a pole, but the light did not hold him. Spider-Man crashed onto the roof of a car and winced at the impact. The metal caved in under him and Midoryia gasped for air. The assassin on Izuku grabbed the hero by the fabric of his costume and threw him off the car.

Izuku yelled in pain as he hit the hard road and rolled on the ground."So this is how you thank me for saving your life ?"

"I just needed your blood, but for being a nuisance I'm going to kill you."

"Oh so they're sending out people like you to track down possible volunteers for blood drives now ! Are times reall-"

"Do you ever stop talking !"