Chapter 7

Two days since they had talked..

It was harder on Lauren than it was on Camila. At least that's what Lauren thought.

Camila wasn't showing any sign of missing the other woman.

Whereas Lauren was missing Camila's presence a whole lot. Everything was exactly how it should have been from the start yet Lauren didn't feel good at all...

She was home alone now since the rest of them were all in school. She had cleaned the house and was now reading one of her books.

Suddenly her phone ringed indicating Luis was calling her.

"Hi." She picked up with a smile.

"Hey babe. Currently missing you loads." He said pouting at the camera.

"I miss you too. But I'm gonna see you in a few days right? You'll pick me up?"

He grimaced at this. "Well.. we need to stay a couple of days at Camila's though.. since the surprise I had for you isn't ready yet."

Lauren's eyes went wide. Not only because of the fact that he had a surprise for her at their house but also because this meant they needed to stay longer here with Camila.

Luis was gonna be in the same house as Camila. She was gonna pass out.

"Lauren?" He said cautiously. When he got no reaction from her.

"Eh yeah. Sorry kinda zoned out.." She half lied.

"You don't like surprises, I know." He laughed.

But that wasn't the case. Lauren did like surprises but not when it came to Luis cause he would always come up with stupid surprises which forced her to do things she didn't want. Like a 'surprise trip to Canada' or to a theme park even though she hated rollercoasters or when he one time painted their room all brownish and said it was a nice surprise yet she didn't like the color at all.

She wondered what he had done this time.

"Oh no it's okay. I'm curious." She lied.

"Anyways. I need to tell you about what happened today. You're gonna be really proud of me." He told her and then proceeded to tell her all about his day.

How the people liked him, how he was signing contracts, how tomorrow was the opening of a brand new store.

Not once did he ask about Lauren. Not once did he ask her what she had done or how she felt. But she didn't really think about that anymore since she was so used to this. It became normal.

They said their goodbyes and hung up.

—-

"Can you believe she made me go to the principal? Like how dare she?" Camila said walking into the house.

"Dude, you seriously fucked him up. I'm proud of you." Harry beamed beside his friend.

They tossed their bags somewhere in the corner and fell down on the couch.

"Turn on the tv and put on something fun."

"Well go get me some ice cream and make sure to put ice on your hand cause it's like totally bruised." Harry told his friend.

Camila rolled her eyes and stood up to walk into the kitchen not expecting Lauren to already be preparing dinner.

She stared at the woman for a minute, taking in how beautiful she was. How much she missed her voice talking to her, her emerald eyes staring into hers and her soft hands touching her.