Who's There?

The descend downwards was less than thrilling for you as it was filled with your fatigued yawns and your empty thoughts and wishes for sleep.

Suddenly, the door opened and revealed a pitch black interior which seemed no human life had ever reached, which was just great for you. You proceeded to take a step of uncertainty which was soon after taken back by the animalistic growling resonating in what seemed to be everywhere and the heavy thuds, as if there was a gigantic beast waiting to swallow you whole. You prepared yourself by gulping down your anxiety and fear to run for it somehow but as soon as you had made your way past the elevator a switch was placed upon the wall to which the first instinct was to flip it, so you did.

The sound of a door opening voiced down the hall which you almost yelled loudly at the unexpected interruption,  luckily, your body kicked into running towards the area before anything could potentially find you. Running through the threshold, you encountered box-like objects which you hid behind, but what you saw next really made you nauseous to the core. A reptile-like creature strode into the room, entirely blood red with sharp protrusions on its back and tail accompanied with flesh-tearing teeth. The beast peered through the room and when it found nothing it took a different route and walked past you, relief washed over you.

When the coast was clear you sprinted to the next area with full force in hopes of reaching there swiftly as possible and seeking somewhere protected. Yet again, you ducked against another wall as another creature that looked identical passed through. After a while of sneaking around, you actually prospered from the pain educing walk when you managed to flip the final switch and get out of there. You walked in the elevator and hit the button and now noticed that throughout the struggle, 999 had been silent this whole time as if knowing it was a bad time.

you were Back in the lift but this time, you were ascending.