Close Encounters

Your feet were hurting and a oncoming migraine was killing you which made you massage your head in pain. However, the best you could think of was to take refuge in a saferoom until someone was willing to help you which, honestly, was not a good plan of action. You huffed loudly and continued to another room that did not require a key card to enter, and regarding you only had the level 1 card in your back pocket, it made you thankful to some degree. Absentmindedly clicking the button, your dulled state came to a startling shock as there was a giant glass window which contained the one and only, 173. You kept your eyes trained on the blood thirsty scp but noticed a key card at the corner of your eye resting on the metallic drawers next to you. Without resisting, you grabbed the card and backed out as quickly but safely as possible before closing both doors behind you, relieving your eyes from being unable to blink but also acknowledging the shattering of glass from said room.   

You then broke out into a light jog away from your previous place and went through many doors whilst shutting them behind you to avoid risking anything at the moment. You slowed your pace down to a simple walk and collected your bearings and checked the key card you now had, 'Level 2.' Good enough for you. But frankly you knew the sad truth that you wouldn't be able to get out with just a level 2 and be alive to see another day, so you kept going.

You stumbled around a few more directions when you came upon a singular door that had a indifferent aura compared to others and seemed to be eerily silent with no one inside but this sounded quite promising to you since there was nothing that could kill you. You quietly entered at closed the door behind you but gasped slightly in surprise as a pair of grand gates met you face-to-face, you were not expecting this! You got out level 2 key card and slipped it through the slot to which the gates opened and you were able to see a machine with the words: 'ROUGH,' 'COARSE,' '1:1,' 'FINE' and 'VERY FINE.' Confused out of your mind, you walked forwards and deposited your level 2 card in the first door then set the mode to 'fine'  and twisted the key. After a few moments of the clockwork ticking and grinding, the doors opened once again and at the other side you level 2 key card upgraded into a level 3 key card which made you let out joyful mumbles about your progress.

You ambled out the containment and went down the hallway you haven't been through before, looking at the passing doors before coming across one that read as  ' Surveillance room.'