Fatigue

To say you were tired was an understatement, your legs ached and your eyes were drooping with every step you took until you decided enough is enough. Now your main goal was to find a safe shelter so you could finally get some rest and replenish your health before going to more dangerous places that you would probably not be able to sleep in.

You spent the rest of your energy searching and scavenging for any places, drinks or food and thankfully found some water in the cafeteria to help with your parched throat which also eased your hunger a bit. However, the more you were left to your own company, the more you questioned. They were along the lines of 'What is this place' or 'Am I going to survive' but it bothered you to no end of how and why you ended up here of all places. Luckily, your little moment helped because now you found a trusty room that may not be comfortable but still works for an overnight place!

You slotted your key card in and scanned the room: shelves, paper, desks and no one in it, perfect! You closed the door and slumped against the closest wall, cold and uncomfortable but it will do for now, after all, its not like there is a proper bedroom. You allowed yourself to relax as your eyes slowly closed, succumbing to your desires.

Your muscles spasmed as you came to a abrupt awakening, you weren't sure why, until voices were heard down the corridor, but they were definitely not human and one you recognised too well.

"You insufferable mask, why did you not just wait until some d-class were to let you out."

" Well because what if they just gassed me!? Although this isn't technically my body it still hurts, y'know!"

"I will never understand you."

Your heart sank to your stomach. If the first person sounded like that one Scp you've encountered before, then the other one must be another Scp. You were beyond terrified at this point but still didn't dare to do or say anything in fear of getting caught. Thankfully, you heard the footsteps fading away but the hope you had was short-lived as what was said next sent chills down your spine: "Say, I sense a little human, 049~"

"Your intuition is quite sharp, 035. However, you are by far the most abnormal person I know and would try and claim them as a host with me not being able to administer my cure to them."

"You know me so well!" And just like that the voices and footsteps faded away until it was completely silent. You let out a long breath you didn't know you were holding and glanced towards the shelf where various papers were scattered around carelessly, and with shaky knees you rummaged through each paper. All of them were documents of Scps, how to avoid, re contain and interviews done with the more sentient ones. 'These will be useful'  you thought amongst yourself and wasted no time in reading each one and memorising the dangers of each of them. You even learnt about the two you heard earlier: Scp 049 and 035 or the 'Plague Doctor' and the 'Possessive Mask.' As well as: 079,682,173,096,106, 860,966, 939 and 500 but by the time you were finished you were even more drained and craved sleep more than anything. So you did exactly that.