Doctor, Doctor!

You had been on edge after you read the plaque due to the sense of dread that hit you soon after and even more now that 999 wasn't by your side anymore, probably helping others escape the foundation. Still, you drowned out any uneasiness and peered in only to see various machines and equipment you did not recognise that no doubt were used by the scientists and their cruel managing.

As you climbed up the steps before you, multiple screens were displaying footage from security cameras around the facility but it made you thankful that no one knew where you were currently. You then took notice of the two levers on the side: One had been broken off while the other was still useable, to which the one said 'light containment zone lockdown.' Realising the situation was easy as you flipped said switch to 'off' to make your chances of escaping higher. However, heavy breathing and human footsteps rang throughout the room as your breathing became more rapid and laboured as if you couldn't breathe properly. 'I need to hide' was all you could think at the moment  albeit there being no safe places around. You glanced down and saw a make-shift hiding spot that was merely a control panel, but it would do. After diving behind the wall-like object, you heard the breathing become louder with the footfalls getting faster as fear clawed at your stomach and your mouth became increasingly dry.

Soon everything went quiet except for the breathing that was much closer now, but then what happened next sent shivers down your spine, the thing spoke. "Oh my... the pestilence, it is here. It is my duty in life to rid the world of it."  It lapsed back into silence as you covered you mouth to avoid any unnecessary whimpers to escape from your mouth and go noticed. "My.... they should have brought me here sooner, this disease..."  You didn't hear anything else as the Scp went dangerously close to you which made you freeze up. But as you were contemplating on what to do, the Scp locked its eyes with yours and muttered a low, " There you are..."  it made your blood run cold and adrenaline to start pumping through your system.

Without thinking, you flung yourself backwards to avoid the reach of the monster and to get out of there. Unfortunately, the thing saw what you were doing and moved towards you calmly, to which you responded by running down the steps while trying not to trip. You wrestled the key card out of your pocket with difficulty but lightly gasped in surprise and you felt a cold hand touch the back of your neck and your vision blurring instantly with a overwhelming feeling of exhaustion taking over your body. You weakly but immediately put the key card in the slot and ran as fast as you could to the end of the hallway, running blindly just to lose the Scp on your tail.

You slowed your pace and held your neck in pain due to the burning sensation that overtook you nervous system. Still, you continued.