Chapter 12

*John POV*

College started becoming more and more boring. I haven't been feeling up to partying and my ex keeps asking for forgiveness. Smii7y is being nice for some reason and Mini and Tyler are being annoying as usual.

After 4 weeks I was finally able to play football again after being suspended from three games and we had one coming up tomorrow. With no practice he's throwing me in, I've been watching videos on YouTube and games but it's not the same. What if scouts come looking for star players and I fuck up once I enter the field.

I asked him if I could skip this one seeing as I just came back but that ass of a coach said no, 'he needs me or whatever'. But your ass didn't need me the last three games. I swear I fucking hate that stupid ol—

"Coach, hi I've missed you." He was walking towards where I was standing on the field with a content smile on his face. "I'm happy to have you back John. I hope you've learned your lesson because these past weeks have been hell."

I forced a smile, trying to make it look as real as possible. "Aw don't say that coach, we all lose sometimes." He chuckled and patted my shoulder. I grimaced on the inside before ignoring it. My coach was like a father to me and yes he pisses me off a lot but who doesn't get mad at their parents.

"Lose? No my boy far from it, it's just the games have been boring without you jumping up and down every time you score a touch down. You spice it up." Oh. There goes my self esteem.

"Enough chit chat, run 12 laps and get your ass back on this field. You look outta shape and sad." He laughed before walking away making me groan. I mean I wasn't outta shape, I'd actually go jogging every morning to avoid Smii7y and his kindness. I don't know what he's doing but it's weird.

-

What's to live for anymore other than pain and suffering. Every time I go to sleep my anxiety wants to join the party before depression burrows his way in as well with drinks. Practice felt weird and I kept getting shouted at by the coach every time I did something wrong. Basically everything I did was wrong. It felt foreign to play again, to be on the field.

"Maybe when you really feel the rush and touch the battlefield you'll know what to do. The John I know and love will show off." He said to me earlier before I left to go home and I didn't know what he meant. I'm not a show off. Whatever. I lied face first on my bed and groaned before throwing a mini tantrum.

I can feel it in my dick how bad tomorrow is gonna be. I need to get some rest but I can't move, practice has me beat and I'm on top of my covers meaning I'll have to move. Where the hell is Smii7y?? I could use a blanket or something.

Ask and you'll receive. "Hey John," I didn't say anything but instead kept my face planted into the bed not moving. "Are you dead?" I nodded and heard him sigh.

"Blanket." I mumbled and he walked over to me with the said item before spreading it out over my back. "Thank you."

It was silent with him going his side of the room and taking out books on top of books. "Why are you being nice to me? I still hate you." I suddenly said and he only shrugged without looking over at me. Smii7y opened his book and read over the words before writing some things down.

"I guess because I want to.." that didn't make since. All the shit I've done to him and he wants to start being nice for no reason, wait the hard drive. "I'm not showing the drive to the principal if that's what you're worried about." Finally his pretty brown eyes made contact with mine and again there goes those weird and dangerous emotions.

"I'm not." He mumbled and I rolled my eyes knowing he was lying. What the hell would be the reason then, is he doing this to butter me up then serve me on a platter to my own self destruction? "Then why are you being nice to me Smii7y?"