Chapter 16

I'm gonna kill her, maybe slap her just once or maybe slide my arm around her neck and tug harshly. But.. John said not to do anything. What does he mean not to do anything? He's just going to let her sit here and basically rape him?

"TOBY!" I shouted when I seen the spirit lying down in his usual spot on the roof. He didn't even move nor bothered to say anything so I made my way over to him. "Did you know about this?!"

"Quit shouting half pint." Half pint. I frowned before snorting, remembering I'm actually taller than him. "I'm taller than you."

He finally turned around and glared at me. "Shut up and what do you mean?"

"What do I mean about what?" He groaned making me look at him in confusion before realizing what I came here to say. "Oh yeah, did you know about John and the thirsty witch, is that why you told me to talk to him?"

I noticed the way he stopped for a minute. Of course he knew, he's practically the boys guardian angel even though he isn't an angel at all. "Took you long enough dumbass." He said and I scoffed.

"How am I dumb? If you would've told me from the beginning I wouldn't have been so angry at him." I hissed and he clicked his tongue. "So it's my fault I didn't tell you about someone else's business?"

"No, I'm just— Toby why didn't you tell me? What are we gonna do?" I walked closer to him and sat beside the annoyed spirit who rolled his eyes once the words left my lips. "What does John want you to do?"

I thought back to what happened after he told me and held my head down.

-

(That night)

"Promise.." after I said that he smiled down at me. "The reason I um started dating her is because.. she well threatened me." Threatened him? What threat could bring the almighty whatever his first name John to his knees.

I waited for him to continue because I knew that couldn't be it. "Okay, What did she say?" John sat there thinking for a minute before shrugging.

"That's it.." I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Should I get mad or go blank and smack him afterwards? "That's it?" He nodded and I went with the latter idea.

My hand reached up and I smacked him in the back of the head before getting up and walking away but didn't get far. He pulled me back by the hand that hit him. "What are you doing idiot?" John pulled me onto his lap and wrapped his arms around my stomach tightly.

"Smii7y," I turned to him and furrowed my eyebrows at the older. "What?"

John lied his forehead on the back of my shoulder and hid his face from me. "Don't leave me.." my face muscles suddenly relaxed as I looked down at the boy. "I'm not.. just tell me the rest. What'd she say? Hmm."

With a sigh he finally gave me what I wanted. "She said if I don't go back out with her she'll tell everyone about our kiss." That's it? That isn't something to even solely get worked up over.

I fully turned to him and straddled his lap making my heart beat fast at the confident action. "Hey, what's so bad about that John?" He tensed up before he relaxed and I held his cheeks with both hands so I could look at him. He held no expression, no emotion but his eyes had a tint of sadness in them and I could tell that got to him.

Is it because he's scared of what happened to Toby will happen to me? Or is it about how others might look down on him? "It's just.." he held his head down again and shook his head.

"I understand, thank you for telling me." I wrapped my arms around the older's neck and pulled him closer to me. I hugged him and waited patiently for him to hug back, he did after a while and we both sat in silence with only the sound of rain hitting the two window panes.