Chapter 4

I got to know Audrey quite well that day.I really got to know just everyone. She's amazing. Just like Harry described her. It felt nice to have a girl to hang out with. I thought I was going to be stuck with the boy, or just alone. No offense to them. I think we'll be good friends and all, but girls need girl time.

"So you're from America?" Audrey asked me as we wandered through the garden. I really admire her accent. I find it very lovely. It's a very thick Irish accent, but it works for her. It really does.

"Yes, from L.A. in fact," I informed her as we continued to walk.

"Wow! What's in like?" She asked. One thing I have learned about Audrey is that she has  loads of energy. Loads.

"Big," Was all I could say. She laughed at me. I could feel my face heat up a little from embarrassment. This is just me being me. The socially awkward freak type me. This is why I didn't have many friends because, well, I'm quite shy unless people open up to me first, and back home no one bothered to get to know me. No one, besides Ari that is. In fact, Audrey reminds me of Ari.

Rrrrriiinnngg

I heard heard three of these before already. This must be the bell that marked the end of the day. The end of me seeing these nice people. The beginning of going home...to Ashley.

"Aww, we gotta go," Audrey frowned to me as we wandered up towards the school. My locker is far away from every ones, so I waved goodbye and set off down the halls.

#143 here it is. In the flesh, or I mean, in the metal. My satchel was still in there. Good thing no one had stolen it to play a prank on the new kid. I grabbed it out and headed out the front doors with my head hung low hoping Ashley wouldn't see me. Walking home seems like the best chance of staying away from her as long as possible. So that's what I did. Taking out my headphones I popped them into my ears and hummed along to the first song that started up.

Wonderwall by Oasis.

I have fallen deeply in love with this song. My brother played it at one of his concerts before. It's his favorite so it reminded me of him.

Yes, I said concert. Home in L.A. he's quite famous. If you walked along downtown L.A. you'd see big billboards of him all over. Cody Coast written across all of them with his face. I've never really been to a concert of his because I'm scarred to death to go. I'm scarred of all the screaming girls, the paparazzi, just everything.

I absentmindedly even started to sing along.

"Back beat the word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out. I'm sure you've heard it all before, but you never really had a doubt. I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about now. And all the roads we have to walk are winding. And all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how."

Then a thick Irish accent interrupted me, "You have a beautiful voice you know?" I looked over to see who it was. It was Niall. I stopped in my tracks and froze. No ones ever heard me sing before, not even Cody. I could feel my face go red.

"That was a compliment you know?" Niall stopped also and turned around giving me his breath-taking smile. I looked at the ground and smiled.

"Thanks," I finally got the nerve to continue to even walk. We continued to walk down the side walk side by side.

This always makes me wonder. Does he feel the way that I do? Is the feeling the same between us? Or is this just a figment of my imagination? I really hope it's not because....I can say it. I can now. I really like him.