Chapter 2

The next morning, Bridget's eyes were blinded by the sunlight from the window. The small window was right in front of her face. The sound of seagulls were feint. She stretched out a bit, her foot touching Leo's body. She had almost forgotten that he slept with her, so touching his foot with hers made her freeze for a bit. She turned around slightly to see if he was awake.

Turns out he felt her foot brush against his. He was awake for about an hour now. "Goodmorning. I didn't want to disturb you so I haven't moved."

"Oup.." she moved her foot away, "I'm sorry. Well... it wouldn't have mattered, I'm a deep sleeper. I can sleep in a pig pen if I were given the chance." She sat up and stretched out a bit.

"Noted", he gets up and out of bed to stretch.

Bridget looked over at Leo, she had only just noticed that he had no hair. Not like she minded. She looked at his physique and was rather impressed. She didn't stare though she looked away in time. After stretching he begins to put on his work clothes and equipment.

"I wonder what's in it for us today," she starts, "Only two days until the air gets warmer." She smiled quite excited for the new experience.

"Who knows," Leo scratches his head, "Although for us all we do is train." He equipped everything and is beginning to examine his weapons.

"Well... I'll see you around then," she quickly assumed he was leaving, "Come back anytime," she ironically waved, "I'm just going to read a book or two here. Have fun working out," she smiled and was unsure whether to playfully punch his shoulder again or give a high five or fist bump so she just swung her arm down, "yeahhh..."

"What was that?" He chuckles

"Nothin," she blushed, "heh. Hungry? I am, screw it let's just go get breakfast." She almost walks out in her revealing outfit she forgot she was wearing then came back in, grabbed her clothes, and went into the bathroom, "after I get dressed, of course."

"In that case I'll wait for you," he says as he chuckles.

Bridget got dressed in a safari suit. She was so excited to wear this new outfit on her expedition that she couldn't wait until the cold weather ceased. She walked out, "Well let's go get breakfast then?" She opens the door to her dorm only to get almost run over by a rushing soldier, "OOF! Aye! Watch where ur goin!" She got knocked back. The man was a higher rank than Leo.

Leo quickly pulls her back up on her feet, "my apologies for her clumsiness, sir," he says to the soldier, "What seems to be the issue?"

The soldier halts and turns to Leo, "something came up at the captain's corders. A corrupt message. We're going to see what's up." He then realized that Leo was with the biologist, "the hell you doin in her dorm, man?"

"Came to get her for breakfast sir," he lied, "She let me in." He is concerned of the corrupt message though. "Although I hope you don't mind if I join you to see what's up with this corrupt message."

Bridget, too was interested in this message, "can I see?" The soldier shrugged and said sure to the both of them.

He hustled them to the captain's quarters. It has the steering wheel, radio, a dragon guard in the corner, and all the buttons needed to guide the boat.

"Let us hear this message," Leo mumbles as he walks in.

The lieutenant was already hovering over the captain's shoulder with headphones on his head studying the message. He was talking to it and it seemed to be talking back. This wasn't a message this was a distress call. The connection was static and a poor frantic voice could be heard mumbling. Though they had headphones on, everyone else could hear it. They just wore them to hear and study it better without any interruption.