Chapter 4

As days pass on this expedition, Leo and Bridget have grown closer. Leo staying with Bridget every night while Bridget used him as a teddy bear. They both have grown a liking to each other in some way and it has become very close to the end of their journey but this journey was barely the beginning of what they will encounter on this adventure.

Bridget woke up the day before the expedition should end with Leo holding in his arms once more. She's grown so close to him and considered him more than a best friend now. She opened her eyes and yawned, "morning."

Leo was staring out the window wide awake with two arms around her this time, "Good morning." He's grown closer to her and was more comfortable to hold her in their sleep.

She sat up and stretched then looked outside for a second, the air in the recent days have become more humid and warm, "Well, last day before all goes to hell," she giggles. How'd you sleep, Leo?"

Leo got up and started putting on his gear, "it was good but I know yours was great considering the fact that all you needed to do was rest your head on my chest and boom, you're out cold."

"It feels nice ya know," she smiled and leapt over him feet first and landed it, she's been practicing that move to get a jump start on the day.

Outside there was a slight drizzle of rain which explained the humidity a few days prior. Small bands of Thunder shouted off here and there with small flashes of lightning above the clouds. Leo waits for Bridget on the bed while she was in the bathroom getting ready as he looks outside the window at the rain.

Bridget got out eventually and looked at Leo, "what is it?"

"What's that?" He points outside as he was dumbfounded by rain.

She eventually heard the rain drops outside and nyoomed to the window, "It's raining! Instead of snowing it's actually raining!" She was excited again and grabbed her camera to nyoom outside before Leo had time to react. He expected her to react this way but he gets a bit frightened whenever she gets likes this.

Bridget went outside and took pictures of rain drops on the water and the rain water dripping off the side of the boat. She wasn't afraid to get a little wet and her camera was already water proof. She did the smart thing to not take her notebooks with her since those aren't water proofed. Leo waits inside the dorm so he can stay dry, he doesn't want to get wet just yet.

Bridget then heard the intercom from outside. Lieutenant Godfrey spoke calling a meeting in the cafeteria like day one. She went to her dorm to quickly grab Leo, her outfit and hair all wet from the rain but she had a big smile on her face. Leo just chuckles at how she looks.

she laughs, "come on," she ended up grabbing his hand and pulling him to the cafeteria.

When they arrived at the cafeteria, they took their old seat like before and the lieutenant stood by the podium. He waited for everyone to stop flowing in and out of the room and settle in, "We are about twelve hours away from our arrival. Unfortunately, this ship will not be able to reach the shoreline of the continent. The waters are too shallow for this massive ship to go on, to keep the environment unscathed, we will be boarding smaller boats and loading all of you. On those boats there is enough for ten of you to go on. In six hours we will be boarding and six hours later we will arrive. And I will be announcing an hour when we will board. I expect hustling and bustling when it happens! No time wasted!" The soldiers agreed to him all at once, "Dismissed!"

"Well this is gonna be fun," Leo says once everyone starts leaving.

"Tell me about it, we're so close to adventure part two. Only problem is, it'll be raining for the next twenty four hours or so and it's going to get bad by the time we get on the boats..." this fact sort of scared her.