"two: lost in japan"

NEXT DAY
JISOO & NAYEON'S DORM
[ JINYOUNG ]

i press the button for the 7th floor, the relaxing elevator music somehow easing out my thoughts, although not completely.

i like nayeon, but how exactly do i feel for jisoo? we were nothing but friends, we weren't even close.

with a loud ding, the elevator door opens, and i walk through, fingers playing with the key as i walk through the hallway.

finding room 747, i pause, my heart suddenly pumping loud, random thoughts and possibilities pulsing through my mind.

i put in the key, twisting the knob open, and opening the door immediately.

"hey nayeon! i might be going out for a while." i see jisoo dressed in shorts and an oversized shirt, her long charcoal hair softly laying on her shoulders. her eyes widen once meeting mine.

"why are you here?" she freezes in her footsteps, and i do, too.

she looks stunning.

in a simple look, her eyes gleam perfectly under the little rays of sunlight within the room, and her milky white skin perfectly blended with the yellow shade that the sun brought.

she proceeded with her steps. "if you came here for nayeon, i'll just be reminding you to close the door once you leave." she seemed to have been busy packing in the other room.

with careful footsteps, i follow her.

"hey, she kind of left for something, and she asked me to hand this to you, in case you don't have it." i hand over the key to her as she was busily packing her stuff in a luggage.

"thanks." she grabs the keys, laying it on the coffee table and continuing with packing. cold and quiet air rises in the room.

"so? why aren't you leaving yet?" the piercing coldness in jisoo's voice caught me by surprise. my words get caught up in my throat.

"why are you packing?"

"leaving for japan." my eyes widen.

"japan?!" i exclaim, and i think that even she thought i was overreacting.

"yeah, what about it?"

"nothing."

silence.

"can i talk to you about something?"

she stops. standing, her eyes meet mine, her cold eyes looking right through mine as if looking through a mirror.

"is it about the letters?" it catches me by surprise.

"did you send those to me on purpose?" she stays quiet for a while, before smiling at the floor, her head low and her eyes failing to keep in contact with mine.

"yeah. i kind of wanted to let it go before i left." her eyes were teary.

"i'm sorry you had to see that, but i knew i couldn't go to japan without letting these unanswered feelings go, and i can't tell you my feelings in personal, so i decided to send them. well, most of them." she looks into my eyes, and once our gazes lock, i could feel the affection she wanted to convey just through this subtle connection.

"i'm sorry i couldn't tell you, and i'm sorry for having to interrupt your relationship with my roommate." she chuckles sarcastically.

"but i'm pretty much leaving for japan."

silence.

"i liked you, park jinyoung. just in case you wanted to confirm this in personal. i think i really, really did, to the point that i wanted to give you my entire world, even if it meant it wasn't reassured that you'd give back yours, too."

"at this point, i guess i could say i loved you, too. but that's all gone."

nothing was going through my mind. it was as if there was this blurry sound, and all i could hear echoing within my head was jisoo's words, words i could barely even understand.

"i guess, it's time for you to go." she breathes out heavily, heading towards the door and opening it.

i leave without another word.