Make a move

A week after...

"Hey, I got these for you."

There he was, in front of her as she was about to walk out of the room. Holding out a pretty little bouquet of dark red carnations wrapped in pink paper tied off with a bow accompanied with a cute box of chocolates in his hand with a big, toothy grin on his face. He had suddenly walked up to her and pulled out the gifts to her face, startling the life out of her. Some of her classmates had oohed at the situation and awaited the outcome of the sudden confession. After inspecting the flowers (which she liked to study about for fun), she almost choked.

Dark red carnations meant deep love and affection. She felt her soul leave her body as she could clearly see the boy she adored for TWO years presenting HER with chocolates and FLOWERS. 

"I like you, Be my girlfriend!"

(Name)'s face flashed into a confused and shocked expression, freezing in place once she heard those three words fall out from Mirio's lips.

'WHAT THE FUCSJNSEKVGGNJKGJB WHO ARE YOU?! WHY DO YOU LIKE ME? I MEAN I'M NOT COMPLAINING, BUT I'M JUST WONDERING!'

She slowly looked around to see if there were any other girls behind her that could possibly be the proper recipient of the lovely gift that he carried and the pretty little profession of his feelings, along with the request of entering a relation...

She slowly looked around to see if there were any other girls behind her that could possibly be the proper recipient of the lovely gift that he carried and the pretty little profession of his feelings, along with the request of entering a relationship with him.

There were none behind her, just some of his friends and Taro quietly smirking beside her, with Nejire behind the boisterous blonde and Tamaki fretfully facing the wall, some of the girls in her class off to the side, pointing and whispering at the scene, probably jealous of gaining the most popular guy's attention and affection.

'HA! Get bent!' she smugly cackled in her mind, but then shook the mean thought off.

Not really sure what to do or what to say, she just put up a shaky hand and pointed towards herself.

"Me?"

"Yes you, silly!" Mirio laughed, his reply making the girl blush uncontrollably. "Why wouldn't it be you?"

"Funny, you don't strike me as a person who takes a fancy in such boring girls like me." she raised her brow as she folded her arms on her chest, feeling her heart pound against her ribs as if to tell her to stop being stubborn and just give in. "Sounds oddly suspicious, even for you."

'Oh my gosh, why did I say that don't lose interest I love yo-'

"Hey look, you're not boring. You're really interesting, you're kind and smart and funny with your sassy little remarks and that cute little giggle of yours. You're very pretty too!"

'REEEE-'

"And I guess that since the first day of our freshman years, I went up to you and asked to be your friend since you admittedly caught my eye." He winked at her playfully, and she shook her head, giggling lightly. This was it! She didn't even have to do anything ! She was finally getting a boyfriend after years of waiting and crying over rejection and bitter friendzoning!

"Hah...Alright, Mirio."

She smiled at him and took the bouquet and box of chocolates, ferocious little butterflies gnawing at her stomach as her face was adorned with a light blush.

"I'll be your girlfriend."

'Take that Mom! You don't get to complain about me being single any longer! YAHAHAHAHA!'

The boys (save for Tamaki) whooped as Mirio laughed, scooping her up and spinning her around, the girl gripping on his sleeves as she squealed. When he set her down, he pat her hair and offered to walk her back to her dorm room, and she accepted, smiling widely at him.

Mirio then looked over his shoulder and pulled out a thumbs up to Taro, who returned one back to him. 

"Hey, Hey, Hey Taro! Did you help him win over (Name)?  Did you? Did you? Did you? He never actually told his super best friends about his major crush on her! It's totally unfair, right Tamaki? Hey are you listening? Hey Tamaki it's unfair, right?" Nejire rambled on, tapping both boys on their shoulders as they followed the new couple a safe distance away.

Tamaki gulped as his best friend had already done the first dare. How long would Mirio be able to keep this lie up before everything falls apart? Before (Name) would get heartbroken or sad or feel so down about herself just like the stories she had shared with him over the phone that Mirio and Nejire didn't know about.

He saw the girl as a sister, some even saying that she and her almost looked like siblings because of their odd resemblance in eye color. She was there for him and he was (sometimes) there for her. Tamaki had to do something.

He just had to muster up enough courage to tell her the truth, before she catches any feelings for the blonde over a cruel dare.

--- 3rd year dorms, U.A. Alliance Heights ---

(Name) was having a silent party in her new dorm room. She was doing a stupid dance while she pranced around it, almost knocking over various items of decoration and her laptop in the process.

"Best day ever!" she squealed into her pillow after flopping on her bed and kicking her feet on the mattress. "I wonder what could have happened if I was the one who confessed? I'll probably embarrass myself and faint once I knew that he felt the same."

Her eyes trailed to the flowers that she had put in a vase, and the box of chocolates that were already half finished that were both placed on the coffee table and a replay of the scene had went through her mind, eliciting another giddy noise from her.

"Who would have thought that the Mirio Togata would have feelings for a weirdo like me? I didn't! I just hope it lasts, and I hope he won't get bored of me so easily..."

She then shook her head, and thought to herself that she would try her best for Mirio to have the best girlfriend in the whole world!

The girl laughed at herself and slid down to her floor smoothly, sighing happily to herself. "Eehh...I'm so glad!" she giggled and picked up her phone from the floor and dialed her mother, ready to brag about her new and first boyfriend.

Ring Ring

'Hello?'

"MOM GUESS WHAT!"

'What, you finally have a boyfriend?'

That was what she always said when she asks her to guess something.

"Yes."

A moment of silence came through the line before she heard yelling from the other side. 'DAIROKKAN (NAME), IF YOU'RE LYING SO HELP ME-'

"I'm not! I'm not...You know that boy Mirio I always tell you about?"

'That's your boyfriend? Huh, so my daughter does have taste in men.'

"Gee, thanks mom." 

The girl laughed and told her the story of what had happened, and in between her mom asked her how the new dorms were for her. Somewhere along their conversation, (Name) had fallen asleep as she lay on the floor instead of her bed, and her mom had ended the call.

There was a new day tomorrow, and they were gonna get busy.

They were going to be helping Class 1-A with their internships, and she was going to do it with her friends, and her boyfriend.