Have you proven yourself?

A/N: Long chapter! And songs are there. Picked them from my faves list. Heehee just imagine that song playing while the truth gets slapped onto your face.

"See you guys later! I'll be in the dorms Mirio!" 

(Name) waved goodbye to her closest friends and ran over to the stairwell, dodging some of the kouhais on the way and greeting them as she passed. On the last set of steps, she jumped over and burst through the doors, speeding towards the dorms.

She had anticipated for this day for the past week, she couldn't even sleep properly the previous night she was so excited for the dance that would take place in just a few hours' time. Turning the knob of the door, she proceeded to lock it before throwing open her closet doors to bring out her pride and joy. (Name) and Mirio had spent hours on end making it look perfect and their hard work has paid off.

It looked absolutely beautiful. To her.

The ombre hooded cape that hung on her shoulders and clipped to her pristine white blouse flowed gracefully behind her, the gold trim she had patiently sewed in gleaming in the light. The corset showed off her frame just as she wanted, with the skirt following her every twirl. What finished the look were the expensive knee high lace up boots she got from the mall and the choker that Mirio had bought for her for the dance.

She loved it so much that she hugged it and squealed into the cloth. 'O-my-gah I'm so happy! Mirio hasn't actually seen me in it, but I really wonder how Mirio's turned out..'

(A/N: Yeah, smile while you can, reader

(A/N: Yeah, smile while you can, reader. That won't last for long *evil laugh*)

She took a quick shower and dried her hair, styling the ends into a curl. Then she proceeded to put on some light makeup, just a little bit of eyeliner, mascara, cherry lip tint and pink coral blush. She was halfway into securing her corset, when a knock on the door sounded in her room. 

"Who is it?" she called, still focused on looping the strings into the many holes. "I-it's Tamaki. Can I come in?" a meek voice replied from the other side of the door as another single knock came.

"Mmhmm! Just a second! I'll open the door." She walked towards the door (a little wobbly at first because of the new boots) then welcomed the ravenette inside. His costume looked very realistic as his hooded robe, shirt, trousers and boots captured the essence of a Light elf. Even the bow and quiver prop he had slung over his torso was a nice touch.

"Oh wow! You look like you just jumped out of the world of D&D! I'm so jealous!" she inspected his robe and pinched his cheek lightly, shooting him a pout in the end. "Hey, come on...I'm not that good in sewing..." Tamaki's eyes glazed over her costume and complimented her skillful hands.

(Name) merely giggled and waved it off, then letting him sit on her bed as she finished off tying the strings on the corset. He applauded her as she twirled around, doing funny and exaggerated poses with the tailored costume. With clammy hands and quivering shoulders, he readied himself. 'Okay, Okay Tamaki...This is it. You're gonna tell her right now or so help me-'