The reason to excuse

"(Name), I get that you hate him for that...but why do you have to hate him as a friend, too?"

Tamaki watched her work on her assignment while he sat on her bed, wringing his hands. He was getting tired of being dragged around all over the place, that was Mirio's job. She was the one that was supposed to be their anchor. She was supposed to be mature.

"I thought that you already understood that I don't want anything to do with him right now, or ever. He could leave for all I care." was her answer. Full of spite and venom as it always did whenever Mirio was brought up. He grimaced at that, his shoulders drooping from her words.

Anger. The only thing that's swirling around in her mind is anger.

"I know you don't mean that, (Name)." Tamaki chided, his brows lightly knitting together. "You say all sorts of things whenever you're mad. I know you.". (Name) shook her head, smacking a hand over her face. "I know you know me, but I am mad. I'm infuriated. What's your excuse over getting all worked up about my problems?"

"Nothing, I..." He looked out the glass sliding doors, remembering that night. "I just miss us."

The girl paused her hasty and somewhat aggressive writing, to turn and look at him, staring at his shoes. His aura resembled a child like apprehension, and he looked like he was gonna pass out just from saying that. Tamaki was scared about what she was going to say about it.

She turned around again and faced her table, sighing remorsefully. "What...do you mean?"

"I don't know, (Name). I miss us. Us three. You, me, and him. I miss being together like back then. I miss having the both of you being so noisy and rowdy, and just... I truly understand that you feel this way but do you have to drift further and further away from him in the process of recovering from all of this?" he paused, shrugging weakly. "I mean, you even went as far as to cutting the other side of your hair just because two years ago, you told him that you wouldn't. I loved your crazy hairstyle, it was so...you." Tamaki merely whispered the last part.

"Yes," replied her, "I do. He hurt me, Maki. I can't just pretend that all that shit didn't happen. He doesn't even try to... ugh. Can we not talk about this, please?"

Tamaki stood up from his spot and placed a hand on her shoulder. "He is trying, (Name). I hope you see that, too." With that, he walked away and closed her door, leaving her in solitude and singularity once again.

--

Why was she avoiding him? Was that the only reason? Because he led her on in a lie to prove something that she can't comprehend?

Bullshit. 

She's only avoiding him because of that, and...She still loves him. Even after everything he did, she still loves him.

Why else would she be so standoffish of him approaching her? It's the only logical reason to whatever the hell she's been doing for the past week. Anger isn't what pushes her heart to beat insanely fast when he sees him reaching out for her. It's fear.

It was always fear. 

Fear of being found out of loving. Fear of hurting. Fear of trusting.

She still loves him but takes the mistakes and the lies as an excuse to deny anything and everything. And she's aware of what she's doing. It's not very good, but she's a mess right now. She just needs someone to help her. 

Tamaki is a good friend and she loves him but she knows it's not enough. She needs him, too. But she's too afraid that the only thing she could do is to refuse him.

--

And so, for the next days of work and study, her moves were a bit sloppy. The lone skill she honed were her sixth sense that believed Mirio as a threat. Dodging here and to over yonder, wherever or whenever he was there.

She was guilty for making Tamaki feel that way, but she didn't know what to say. There were a lot of things she didn't know. 

But one thing was for sure. The hero's day dance was coming up and she dreaded to have to attend. Of course, being a senior hero course student and being part of the Big Four, she was strictly required to attend. 

She saw it as the agreed deadline for her heartbreak but obviously, it was more early than overdue. To think that she was only a week and five days away from that if Tamaki hadn't stepped in. 

Honestly, she would have reacted the same as she had even if it were any later. Anyone would react like her. Both Taro and Mirio were dumbasses, and even more so for the guys in 3-A. They knew but they didn't have the balls to even try and stop it. (Name) didn't even know if Tamaki had "saved" her. If anything, he only let her know about it. 

And there she was again, blaming others. Tamaki had good intentions, so she shouldn't be thinking like this. She should never think of him like that, ever. Tamaki was a sweet boy. He'd never do something bad on purpose.

--

"(Name)?" 

Her sixth sense went off that it almost rung in her head. She couldn't move. She winced at the pain that was growing stronger and stronger as he took even more steps towards her.

ﻭﻉՇ ѻપՇ ѻि Շɦﻉɼﻉ

"(Name), can we talk for a moment?" he asked, tone hushed and gentle. Like she was some kind of animal he was wary of scaring away.

"Ngh..." she pressed her fingers to her temple, it was stinging. It hurt.

ኗቿፕ ዐሁፕ ዐቻ ፕዘቿዪቿ

"(Name)? Are you alright?" 

His hand was getting closer. He was getting closer. 'My head...it hurts...'

GET OUT OF THERE!

(Name) howled in pain and bolted through the hallway and zipped down the stairs. She ran despite the migraine blooming in her head. She was dazed, her mind was in a flurry as she ran. 

Ran and ran until her lungs burned. 

Ran and ran until her legs were sore and tired. 

Ran and ran  until she was nearing a building.

Its shadow loomed over her, taunting her to remember everything that had transpired in that wretched place. The songs, the dancing. 

The truth.

Why did she come here?

Here of all places?

The reason to excuse herself from his presence now was because she wanted to be with the presence of the him that was then.

She missed the dates. 

She missed being with him.

She missed holding his hand.

She missed the opportunity to know if he really did feel the same way.

What was that for anyway? To seal her in a cage of deception?

It was ringing.

Class is about to start.

--

Two left.

Comment F to pay respects.

'F'