First date jitters

A/N: Light-hearted innuendos. Me and my guy best friend like to slip in innuendos in our conversations and we just laugh about it alot. Don't worry, they're 18 in this and it is canon that Mirio is 18.

(Name) felt queasy as she looked at herself in Nejire's body mirror. Sporting a large, blue knitted t-shirt tucked into her white baker shorts with her favorite pair of sneakers, she looked really cute. Too cute. Her hair was straightened and down with her bangs brushed to the side, and Nejire let her borrow her blue leather backpack. 

She had been expecting this day for YEARS, but because of her constant desire of being inside all the time and her anxiety and fear of embarrassing herself in front of the world's biggest, most adorable sweetheart who so happened to be the person she LOVED gave her the jitters. 

When she had heard him ask her out that Friday at 4 pm, she almost didn't want to say yes. But she was his girlfriend for God's sake, so of course she's going. She had to. It was her obligation and her duty as the big lug's girl.

'That sounds pretty good. Mirio's girl.... yeah...'

"Aw," Nejire cooed, clasping her hands together as she beamed at her from her bed. The sharp noise interrupted (Name) out of her trance and she nodded nervously at the baby blue haired beauty before her. "You look absolutely divine! I bet your date is going to be so amazing and fun! Tell me all about it when you get back, okay? Bye, sweetie! Have fun!" she kissed her cheek and pushed her out of her room, to meet Mirio at the hallway. "W-wait! Nejire!" alas, her calls of panic are of no use as he was already standing there.

Her heart felt like it had been pierced by Cupid's arrow for the nth time as she saw him wearing a grey sweatshirt whose sleeves had been pulled up, with rolled up denim jeans and boots. He looked more happy than usual today, and she was screaming her guts out inside her mind. 

'He looks so HOT. I CAN'T. ERROR! ERROR! DAIROKKAN.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING'

(Name)'s level of restraint was slowly but surely dwindling down as he greeted her and draped an arm around her shoulders, bringing her with him towards the elevator. She so badly wanted to shower him in compliments and just hug the shit out of the guy but she had to act cool.

'Be cool, girl. Be cool.' she breathed in and out 'Calm your hormones.'

Breaking out in a tense smile, she threw finger guns his way as she shot back a compliment of his outfit after he did. "You're wonderful - I mean you look wonderful." she let out a brittle laugh as he raised a brow and smiled cheekily at her slip up. "Of course, you've heard this from me before but your fashion sense is really good. I just don't know how you do it."

Mirio laughed softly at her. "Why of course my sense of style is good. I gotta impress the ladies somehow...!" he flashed a smile and a pose at her, making her heart swell she almost had cardiomegaly.

"Oh yeah," she scoffed and crossed her arms ".."Ladies"? As in plural?"

The blonde laughed once again, (Name) almost squealed when he pinched her cheek. "Just kidding, (Name)! It's just you." 

"Just me?"

"N-not that there's anything bad about you just being you," he waved his hands in front of him, as if to swat away the wrong idea of his words, "What I meant is that uh, It's only you that I want to see... and uh-" he coughed as they exit the elevator. "It's only you that I want to be with.."

Mirio felt a bead of sweat roll down his neck as he kept up his smile, hoping that the (hair color) haired girl would buy his save.

"Yeah, yeah." she chuckled and waved her hand, going out of the doors of their dorm and into the courtyard.