Chapter:14

I made lunch for the twins and I. It's been a month and we only saw him the night after arriving. I'm about to write a note saying that he has to spend time with us, otherwise we're packing up and leaving. Kade and Kole are already feeling the affects of abandonment. I grabbed a piece of paper and pen.

I wrote a letter to him explaining that those two are omegas and need attention from all of their mates in order to actually be happy. If he doesn't understand, he won't like me at all. I pinned it on the fridge folded before eating. If he wants to pick a fight then he can pick a fight. I will win.

Then kept the twins occupied all afternoon. In the evening I had their help cooking dinner. Then sent them to shower after dinner. I gathered clothes up for my own shower. They both settled down on the floor waiting for me while playing cards. When I was done, I got out and dressed. Then stepped out of the bathroom. They were almost done with their game when I noticed the alpha watching them.

I stood watching him watching them. He noticed me and curled his finger at me. I moved from my spot and followed. He closed the door enough so the twins couldn't see us. "What are you pulling?" He asked as soon as he could. "You need to spend time here with us. I can tell they are starting to feel like you don't want them." I said.

"I do want you three. There is a reason why I'm not here very much right now." He said. "Explain it to me. They don't understand why you are not here when they wake up or go to bed." I said. He sighed. "It's hard to explain it to you when you have not experienced it." He said. "Try me. I have four older brothers and two younger. I've heard every excuse from my older brothers." I said.

"Fine. It's about Kole. There are alphas that would kill you, me or even Kade for what he can do." He said. "I'm getting threats from those alphas." "What about your allies?" I asked. "What allies?" He asked. "Ok. I know my brothers. Send them an alliance pact. Knowing them, they will look and see that you need help keeping me and our mates safe from outside threats." I said.

"You honestly think I would show my soft side for your old pack." He said. "It would be so easy to leave." I said. "Then why would I need an alliance with your brother?" He asked. "Because he has maybe ten different alliances with packs twice as large as yours." I said. He crossed his arms.

"Then what do I need to do to get you to trust me?" He asked. "Be here. Have a set time to come home and go to the office. I'm working double time when you don't get here and spend time here. They see that. They ask me questions about when your going to be here." I said.

He stayed silent. "Did you cook?" He asked. "They helped." I said. "Time for bed." He said before turning to walk away. I went back into the bedroom seeing the twins watching me. "Are we going home?" Kole asked. "Not yet baby. This may become our home if he starts coming around more." I said.

Kade looked at the cards in his hand. "Wish he would make up his mind." Kade said. He's starting to become distant. I crouched down to his facial level. "Kade. He's cracking. He's starting to see that it's hurting himself as much as it's hurting us." I said.

"May I go get a drink from the kitchen?" Kole asked. "You don't have to ask Kole." I said to him. He nodded getting up. I grabbed Kade's head in my hands. "Kade. I'm trying my best baby. Please help me out and hold on a little longer for me." I said. He nodded. "Come on. We've been asked to go to bed." I said.

"Can we do things tonight?" He asked. "If you both feel like it we will." I answered. He gave me a small smile.