Chapter:16

I sat on the couch as Carter sat in the floor with the twins. It's been a week since our talk. He accepted the fact that he needs to spend time with them too. It shouldn't be very long. Yesterday he asked Kole if he could speak with him privately.

Kole's more comfortable with him today than when he woke up yesterday. Kade has even relaxed. I stretched out before getting up and going to lay between the twins. They both leaned against me. I ran my fingers through their hair as they finished up what they were doing.

Carter's phone rang. "I've got to go to the office real quick." He said getting up. "I'll be back before five." He said before turning to leave. "Do you think he will be here by then?" Kade asked. "He will." I said. The three of us sat cuddling on the couch watching a movie. I sent Carter a text asking if we could make cookies.

He okayed it. As soon as the movie was over, we got into the kitchen. By four thirty we had the third and fourth dozen in the oven. I made six dozen with the dough. I made sure to keep the cookies out of the twins reach on the side I would not let them on. "Please Kirslee?" Kade asked.

I knew it was a playful beg since they've already eaten a dozen between themselves. "You've already had six! I'm about to start dinner." I said. "Smells good in here." Carter said. I lifted my head seeing him at the doorway. Kole was behind Carter. Carter reached behind his back pulling Kole to his back. He turned letting Kole hug him.

Kade went over to him. Carter held both of them. He whispered something to them. They went to sit down at the bar where they could see both Carter and I. "If I try to do this every day, how would you three like that?" He asked. The twins nodded. I agreed to it.

I looked at Carter. "If you can do that for a week, I get on board with heat inducers." I said. Carter looked directly at me. "You know what happens when you start them." He said. I nodded. "The chance to throw my heat completely off track." I said. "I will too." Kole said. Kade looked at him.

"I'm with them." Kade said. "Even though you don't have to take them." Carter said. Kade nodded. "I would have to mark you three." Carter said. I shrugged. "You turned around and aren't pushing us away or treating us like prisoners." I said. "I'm regretting it all honey." He said.

The timer went off. Kade was about to jump up to get it, when I grabbed a pot holder and pulled both sheets out. Then put the last batch in. "How many did you three make?" Carter asked. "Six dozen. There's only four and a half left." I said. Carter shook his head before grabbing six cookies.

"I'm going to shower. How does a date night sound?" Carter asked before leaving the kitchen. "Fancy?" I asked. He nodded. The twins nearly cheered. I made them go shower while I went to look through my side of the closet. There was a knock at the bedroom door.

I went to open it. Carter came in with three dress bags. "This one is yours." He said then laid the other two on the bed. "Theirs are different colors. Hopefully their favorites." He said before kissing my cheek. He left closing the door behind himself. Kole was the first done.

I let him go through the dress bags. I hung mine up on the open closet door before going into the bathroom. I stripped and got in as Kade was rinsing off. He pulled my body to his own. "Are you honestly going to go on inducers?" He asked. "If Carter absolutely wants us to." I said. He purred into my neck.

He stepped out letting me shower. When I was done, I wrapped the towel around my body and stepped out. I put some mousse in my hair to help with the style before blow drying it. "Kirslee." Kole said loudly. I turned the blow dryer off before setting it on the counter.

Then exited the bathroom. "I saw what color your outfit was and the top part before grabbing these." Kole said handing me a set of underwear that I rarely wore. "Thank you Kole." I said before pulling the underwear on along with the bra.

Two identical whines came from behind me. "Maybe I'll let you take it off later." I said. I heard identical groans then. I knew my butt showed through the boy short cut lace panties and my nipples showed through the lace strapless bra.

I pulled the zipper down and got the dress out. It was a classic navy blue evening dress with a slit in the left leg. I unzipped the back before stepping into it. I zipped it up best I could before I had one of the twins finish it. I moved the skirt to the side before slipping the matching shoes on. I quickly fixed my hair before applying light makeup and some jewelry.

"Ready?" I asked. They both nodded. We then went down the hall to the landing. Carter was waiting on us. Kade took my left hand. I picked up the right side of the skirt so I wouldn't step on it. As I stood on the last step, Carter held his hand out to me. I took it.

"You three look stunning." He said. I blushed. He pulled me into his side before letting the other two. "Ready to go?" He asked us. The three of us looked at each other before nodding. He wrapped an arm around my waist and held Kade's hand while he had his other arm around Kole. The car ride there was quiet.

I doubt this is the same Carter that brought us here.