27. Beating Up Bullies

"You guys can't live a good day without bullying someone, huh?" Cielo questioned one foot on top of the beaten teen leader as his other groupmates whimper in pain on the ground beside him. A winning smirk on her face she kicked the bully's bruises a few more time before taking her foot off his back. Wiping the dirt off her clothes and hands, she was ready to leave the alley when she finally looked up, only to see a familiar face watching her curiously.

"Miss Alden, a pleasure to meet you here." Aileene smiled pleasantly, forging the opportunity to ask questions about what had occurred in front of her since the situation was pretty self-explanatory and she could already clue herself into what had happened. So she opted to just wait for Cielo to address her instead, which didn't take long.

As the girl in front of her turn her expression from confusion to realization, "Aileene?"

She nodded, continuing to smile softly, watching as Cielo skip over the unconscious bullies to get closer to her. When they were face to face, Cielo chose to not withhold anything and earnestly asked, "What are you doing here?"

Aileene's smile grew wider, this heroine of her was really just too blunt and straightforward. It makes one wonders how she would ever be able to survive in the real world? Sighing internally, she replied to Cielo's question with another question, "Nevermind me, is your secret profession vigilante justice?"

"Or maybe you're a masked hero, saving thousands of lives every day!" Aileene exclaimed dramatically, waving her hands about to illustrate the massiveness of the hero's operation. Though this point didn't seem to reach Cielo well since she looked on at her rather dumbfounded.

"Wait-" Cielo answered, "Of course not! I just wanted to do some good, I'm not a masked hero or vigilante or anything." Along with her words, she shook her head with a nervous expression on her face.

Aileene saw her hesitation and started laughing softly, which stopped the heroine's rambles of words as she stood watching on in confusion. They weren't that close and to this point Aileene couldn't recall an actual full-length conversation the two of them had ever shared, at most they exchanged pleasantries. But otherwise, the two of them stayed in their own friend groups and kept to their own interests, though it still made her laugh at how Cielo was so nervous with her. How did this little heroine see her? Was she that scary or unfunny?

"I was on my way to the new pastry that had opened. Do you want to come?" Aileene finally said after she calmed herself from her fit of laughter, turning away from Cielo. She beckons the other to follow as she started walking out of the alleyway. She didn't see why the two of them couldn't be friends, no matter what position or role assigned to them, none of it would matter until the days of the academy started. So, for now, they could at least be free ranged and do whatever they wanted, and personally for her own sake. She wanted to sacrifice herself for the future of a friend, not a stranger.

For the first time in her life, Cielo Alden could confidently say she was clueless and beyond confused. And if she hadn't known what utter confusion was before, she would have finally experienced it at this exact moment. Though maybe it was just the combination of unexpected events constantly bombarding her plus the reality of the whole situation. Everything had caught her off guard, far from anything she could imagine the nonchalant person walking ahead of her had shocked her again and again.

As if coincidences weren't already strange enough, she had barely left her estate that morning. Before she had quickly encounter bullies beating up a poor child, seeing this she couldn't sit still, she had to show these kids the true meaning of justice. Which concluded with her beating up the weak bullies whom were barely able to fight back, and once they were all down. Before she could be satisfied with a job well done, her little devour of heroism brought her face to face with the untouchable princess Aileene Lovell.

When Cielo had seen the noble girl her age, she hadn't thought much of it. Most would have already ran away in fear because of their soft nature, but if the cumulative events that had occurred to her weren't already bad enough, she was terribly wrong in every calculation she made after this moment.

Instead of fear, the person in front of her was rather curious, watching her every move closely. This was a surprise to Cielo so she tried to venture closer to the girl, asking the first question that came to her mind.

And to her further surprise, the Aileene that she had thought was cold, unfeeling and spoil smiled brightly at her and started to tease her jokingly. As if they had been friends for years, no animosity, no awkwardness.

She didn't know how to react and so she stuttered out a weak answer, which only made the other person laugh. Cielo, by this point, was too shocked or confused to respond. Though when she had finally regained a bit of her conscious, the person she had been staring at had already started walking out of the alley. For a few seconds, she remained stiff at the spot she had been standing at, watching Aileene in a daze.

"Isn't it rude to leave a person hanging? Come, we don't want to miss out on any good pastries." Cielo finally fully woke from her absent-minded as the soft voice of the other broke through her thoughts. Glancing at Aileene, the person having stopped in her steps a few feet away to wait for her, her body started moving on its own, following along the same path the girl in front of her had walked.

Cielo couldn't help but remind herself at that moment to rethink all her assumptions since they couldn't be more wrong.

25.) What is your opinion on Cielo (the heroine)?

Answer:
she's a cute bun

26.) Do you like poetry? Why or why not?