Chapter 5

Sharing strength

Alec’s P.O.V
When we got back from Magnus' apartment I got a text from some unknown number. It said “Hello Alexander, I know today did not went so well, however, I wanted to talk to you. Can we meet? Magnus”
I thought I would never be able to move again. How was he able to stun me like this? No one could do this to me ever before. I didn’t know how much time passed while I just stood there. Izzy entered the room saying something but I wasn’t paying attention and when she realized it, she looked at me, confused.
She looked at my hand and smirked, “He called you?” she asked and my complete attention snapped to her. “You gave him my number Izzy?” I asked, bewildered. “Someone had to.” She smirked and left saying “Get ready, we will have to leave soon.” I didn’t asked about where, I knew I’d know that soon. What I didn’t know was what to do with Magnus and he seemed like first priority for some unknown reason.
I grabbed my jacket, bow and quiver and came downstairs to find Jace, Izzy and Clary waiting for me. Simon was nowhere to be seen and just then I realized that Clary was upset and was pacing in front of Jace. “We need to find him. I don’t have any idea how he would be right now. Those vampires could do anything to him.” She was saying when I approached them and asked “What’s going on?”
“WHAT’S GOING ON?” Clary shrieked at the top of her lungs “YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON?”. I covered my ears for a second and glared at her. “How do you expect me to know about things that happen down here when I’m in my room?” I asked coldly. “A lot of ‘things’ were happening up there too, right Alec?” Izzy smirked and I glared at her and rolled my eyes and asked Jace again, “What is it?” “Simon’s been kidnapped by the vampires.” He replied almost amused.
      “I won’t be coming if you plan to retrieve him from hotel Demort.” I said but Jace was ready to go to where Vampires lived, for Clary. She was getting on my nerves now and just as I was about to say something, Izzy went past me to take up some weapons and whispered to follow her.
     I came up behind her and asked “You really think you will convince me?” Izzy glanced at me sideways and smirked and replied with, “No, but Jace, being your parabatai would. You swore to never to leave him alone in a fight. Come on Alec.” She smiled at me sweetly and I just rolled my eyes. I was again doing this.

Magnus’ P.O.V
It happened to me first time in my long life that my hands were shaking while texting him. No matter what method of communication I used with my lovers, they never made me think twice about what I had to say but with Alec, I spent past 15 minutes just thinking about what to say and ended up with a two-lines-text.
The night was passing but he never replied. I planned to call him then. I knew it would feel cheesy but he was worth it. I planned to wait till late night before pushing him anymore.

Alec’s P.O.V
We somehow got to Clary after she ran away alone to follow Simon’s screaming into a trap, and when we did, there was a man who was carrying her in his arms and she was trying to free herself from his grasp but his grip was stronger.
Jace punched him across his face and he lost his grip on clary and she got away from him and was about to fall but I got her. She kept looking at the man with recognition while Jace was hitting him everywhere he could. Just then the man transforms into his werewolf form and Clary breathed “Luke” in disbelief while we turned to see other werewolves coming up behind him.
A werewolf challenged him then and there and Luke won but he was badly injured because of wolf's bane. Simon, Jace and Clary took Luke to Magnus’.  Izzy freed Simon and he went with Clary and we went back to the institute. I reached institute to find Jace and Simon waiting for me and asked me to reach Magnus’ soon. They told me that Magnus needed me to save Luke.
I wasn’t sure what happened but I found myself entering Magnus’ house 10 minutes later and I looked for him. Then I found him slumping beside the couch on which Luke laid and I ran to him and sat beside him to hold him with all my body. He looked at me, drained of all his magic and raised his hand to me and almost begged, “I need your strength.” I looked at him and my dream came to mind, it was coming true. I was holding Magnus Bane with all my body and he felt young and ancient at the same time, weak and powerful.
I held his hand and nodded “take whatever you need.” He smiled slightly at me and I felt my veins throbbing with some energy I wasn’t aware of. I supported Magnus to sit up straight and I felt my energy flowing to him and he was using his magic to hold on to Luke till Jace, Clary and Simon found the antidote to wolf’s bane.
  They came running in after 15 minutes, which I spent gapping at Magnus’ radiating blue power and feeling him against me. Thanks to the Angels, they didn’t notice me blushing. Luke was given antidote immediately and Magnus slumped against me, completely drained. “Are you okay?” I asked Magnus with genuine concern. “Yeah.” he replied but seemed very weak. I noticed Jace smirking and I helped Magnus to the couch from where he kept staring at me while I got ready to leave.
“Magnus is drained and Luke’s blood is all over the couch, why don’t you stay and help him clean up?” suggested Jace with a smirk. I stared at Jace for some time and agreed to stay. I went back to Magnus “Do you need anything to heal your drain.” I asked him without looking directly at him. “Would you help me heal?” he asked in hoarse voice and at that I looked at him, confused. I found him smirking. “How?” I asked and he pointed at a bottle on the shelf, just across his table on which all the stuff that was used to brew the antidote was scattered.
I reached for the bottle, “this one?” I asked him and he nodded so I brought it to him. His fingers grazed my hand while he took the bottle from me and I blushed furiously.

Magnus’ P.O.V
I enjoyed him blushing more than anyone and wanted to make him blush again. I wasn’t able to pick up the potion to pour it into the glass and I knew Alec would know so I closed my eyes and sank more into the couch. I opened my eyes to find Alec on his knees in front of me taking the glass and the bottle from me. He poured the potion into the glass and sat beside me. He made me drink it himself while I held the glass wrapping my hands around his.
I started healing immediately, Alec got up just as I drank the last of the potion. “Thank you. I will at least be able to walk now.” I smiled at him. “You’re welcome.” He replied and I knew he was blushing again. I stood up to find him cleaning my couch. I smiled at him and went to grab something to drink.
“You do know that I have magic to clean this.” I tried to stop him. “I just thought you were enough drained for today.” He replied and I could have kissed him for being so considerate. Very few cared like this. But “drink break?” was all I asked. He got up and came to me smiling. I made him a cocktail.
“Why you needed me? When Jace and Clary were here?” he asked too innocently. “Jace didn’t told you?” I asked remembering myself telling Jace that it was Alec’s virgin shadowhunter energy I needed. Alec shook his head and I stared at him asking “Why did you came?” he seemed speechless for a moment and then just said “I’m not sure” simply.
“Doesn’t matter what I told Jace, it was a lie anyway.” I turned away from him towards the window. “Are warlocks always this cryptic?” He asked and I replied “I’m not being cryptic, I’m being coy.” With a smirk

Alec’s P.O.V
I looked up to him at that and blushed again. I wonder if there is a rune to stop blushing. He turned to look at me and spoke. “Let me spell it out for you. For almost a century I have closed myself off to feeling anything for anyone, men or women. You’ve unlocked something in me.” He looked at me with those blazing eyes. I was stunned again. We kept staring at each other for some time when my phone rang and it was Mother. Magnus turned around to face the window and I picked up the call.
She called me back to send me to some mission. Just as the call ended Magnus turned and guessed “Maryse want you to go to some unknown mission, am I correct?” I was unable to speak. “Magnus I wish I could-, I-, I’m sorry-, I just-.” He put a finger close to my lips but not touching them at all to hush me and I fell quiet. “I understand.” He said in a way that I knew he did understand everything. This was happening for the first time too; someone understanding me.
I couldn’t help but smile. Just then he picked up my unfinished cocktail and handed it to me saying. “Just stay for one more drink and then decide.” I smiled and took the drink from him.
I woke up next morning when Magnus came in to the lounge and wished me good morning. “I slept?” I asked him. He sat at the couch saying “We both did.” And I immediately stood up. “On separate couches. Never fear.” He added immediately but I asked. “What time is it? I have to get to the institute.” He tried to stop me for breakfast but I refused warning him “If you let anyone know I slept here last night-” he cut me off saying “relax, my reputation is just as much on line as yours.”
“Then why did you let me sleep here.” I dared ask him. “Trust makes you do strange things.” He smiled. I turned away and left. I found myself smiling myself when I was on my way to the institute.